cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G752GY-DH72 Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station

bignadad
Level 7
I purchased a Startech TB3DK2DPW wanting a docking station with thunderbolt interface. It did not work at first but after updating all my thunderbolt drivers I got it to work.

However, my issue it dual monitors through the docking station. I connected my display port monitor and it works fine. I then bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter to connect my other monitor and it won't recognize it. After looking at the docking station manual it suggested a usb-c hdmi adapter to buy (i originally bought another brand). Well, I got the recommended adapter and still will not work. I went on their website and this is what they say.

While Thunderbolt 3 supports dual monitors over a single connection, not all Thunderbolt 3 host devices are designed to meet this requirement. If your Thunderbolt 3 host device does not meet this requirement, you cannot troubleshoot this issue with software, firmware, or driver updates, and you cannot use this device to achieve dual displays over Thunderbolt 3

So I downloaded my manual and it says nothing about it. In this video they say the manufacturers can choose the thunderbolt 3 options hey want to allow. How do i find out which options this laptop has on it?

I can connect my hdmi monitor directly to my laptop and it works as my 3rd display. But It will not go through the docking station.
1 REPLY 1

JustinThyme
Level 13
Just my opinion but I wouldn't try to push a 980M to run multiple monitors, especially past 1080P .

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein