Mouse Microsoft Sculpt bluetooth
    Headset Logitech G933 7.1 wireless
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S3800 5.1 system
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Accessory #1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi/bluetooth
    Accessory #3 NZXT internal USB hub

Maximus IX Hero and M.2 wifi

Does anyone know anything about the M.2 wifi connector on the Maximus IX Hero?

On the motherboard schematic in the manual there is a connector shown in the upper-left hand corner called "M.2 WIFI". But then, there's no mention made of this connector anywhere in any documentation pertaining to the Hero. The connector is exactly where one would install an M.2 wifi module, and I imagine that is exactly the setup on the Code and the Formula versions of the Maximus IX.

Especially odd is that I watched a couple of box openings on YouTube for the Hero and the backplate has the two holes where antenna ports would be installed. So, if you don't install a wifi module there, Hero owners would be left with two empty holes there. That is to say, I'm surprised that Hero owners haven't mentioned anything about it.

But, supposing one did want to install a wifi setup there, for the life of me I can't find that anyone makes a kit, especially and including Asus. I found wifi M.2 cards but then you have to cobble together a kit of antenna leads, the antenna ports, and an antenna setup, etc.

So, what is that connector good for? Does anyone have any more information about this M.2 wifi connector? Thanks.