cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G551JW-CN319D - Repair and tunning

Ancuta
Level 7
Hi people,

This is my first thread on this forum and I need some advice with my laptop. First of all, I dropped it on the floor and I broke my DC power in jack and now it`s moving and I can hear a sound inside my laptop. I will have to open my laptop and I was thinking to do some upgrades also.

1. I want to buy an SSD and I saw on the internet that there`s a slot only of a half size mSata SSD. Can you recommend a reliable 256 GB one to buy?
Should I add an HDD Caddy and move my existing HDD in the adapter and add a 2.5 inch SSD on my current HDD slot? Is that more reliable?
Will my temps go higher with and SSD?

2. I want to get rid of my DVD-ROM as I don`t use it and I was wondering if I can instal some kind of cooling fan similar to HDD Caddy because everybody knows the GPU temp issues with this model ... If I can`t, can you recommend a great cooling fan pad?

3. I`m going to buy a Coollaboratory liquid ultra to change my thermal paste, is that a good choice?

4. Can I change my USB ports by myself or do I have to seek professional help?

Is there anything else that you would recommend doing if I'm going to open my laptop anyway?
I don't have a budget limit.

Thank you, guys!
1 REPLY 1

kkn
Level 14
notebook section