cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 and AE error codes

ivoencarnacao
Level 7
Im getting a AE error code whenever i boot my pc with a PlayStation Dual Shock 4 controller, does anyone know why this happens?
Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

Brighttail
Level 11
What happens if you pull out the USB dongle for it and attempt to boot up? If it boots up fine the computer may be trying to either boot off that dongle or access it without drivers loaded. You may only be able to add it after windows is up.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

FuryA
Level 8
Try to remove external devices and clean CMOS , does it same

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The PS4 controller likely isn't fully xHCI compliant. If it's happening intermittently or all the time, remove the device till the system has booted.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Chino
Level 15
ivoencarnacao wrote:
Im getting a AE error code whenever i boot my pc with a PlayStation Dual Shock 4 controller, does anyone know why this happens?
Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Yes, disconnect the PS4 controller.

Chino wrote:
Yes, disconnect the PS4 controller.

Thanks for your help!

Isn't there any other way?
I shouldn't be plugging my controller every time that i want to use it!
Isn't there a way to use it like any other USB device?

Is this something specific to the PS4 controller or the board?

Thanks!

ivoencarnacao wrote:
Thanks for your help!

Isn't there any other way?
I shouldn't be plugging my controller every time that i want to use it!
Isn't there a way to use it like any other USB device?

Is this something specific to the PS4 controller or the board?

Thanks!

One of the original workarounds to the AE QCODE was to disable xHCI at the cost of losing USB 3.0 functionality. I also remember a few users connecting their problematic device to a USB hub. But even that wasn't a perfect solution/workaround as the motherboard will sometimes fail to post. At the end of the day, it's just easier to connect the controller whenever you need it.

Brighttail
Level 11
The problem is when you boot up, it isn't recognizing the controller. Believe it or not there are some External hard drives with similar issues.

I remember in some of my past computers, my computer would not boot up at all if the USB connector to my WD external Harddrive was connected to the computer.

Unplug it and boom, instant boot.

One thing you MAY be able to do, is in the BIOS there is the option under Boot to "initialize all USB devices on boot" and a fast boot option that "Only initialize mouse/keyboard". I don't remember the exact verbage, but in short, one setting will try and install the drivers of ALL the USB drives before booting into Windows and a setting that will only load the drivers for Keyboard/mouse and will initialize all the others once windows starts. You can try both these options with the controller connected and see if either works.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
In this instance it's far easier to either remove the device, or try using one of the boards many USB 2.0 ports.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The RVE10 is the current pinacle of PC technology...the epitome of PC masterace tech. Hardly surprising it doesn't like some peasanty console controller being plugged in...:o