cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebind NumLock to ROG key? [GL502VS]

Aemony
Level 8
Anyone know of a way to rebind the numlock key to the ROG key on the laptop keyboard? I don't have the ROG Center software installed so the ROG key for now serves absolutely not purpose at all.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill
Level 7
Hello Aemony
Can you install the ROG Center software?

My solution is replace ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROG Gaming Center.exe file with my program.
This program simulating NumLock pressing every time when you press ROG key. The problem is that rog gaming centr won't work with different name.

Solution:
1. Make duplicate of file c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROGGamingCenter.exe -> ROGGamingCenter(2).exe (for example)
2. Replace file c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROGGamingCenter.exe to my program
3. That's it!

You we getting NumLock key at "ROG Key" place.

Cons:
- Asus RogGamingCenter will not work. You need replace gaming center file back from backup.
- Slow speed ( about 4 sec delay ). After pressing ROG key, the AsusGamingCenterKey.exe will run notification in right bottom corner, you can press again after notification is disapeared.
- Notification "Launching RogGamingCenter"

If some one have a better solution give me note please.

Program Link:
http://ge.tt/4HQItZj2

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Aemony
Can you install the ROG Center software?

Now what purpose would that serve? The ROG Gaming Center enabled the key, yes, but you only have the option inside that application to either a) open the ROG Center (something I do not want) or b) disable the key (aka spam a Windows notification every time you mistakenly hit the key).

dust999 wrote:
My solution is replace ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROG Gaming Center.exe file with my program.
This program simulating NumLock pressing every time when you press ROG key. The problem is that rog gaming centr won't work with different name.

Solution:
1. Make duplicate of file c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROGGamingCenter.exe -> ROGGamingCenter(2).exe (for example)
2. Replace file c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center\ROGGamingCenter.exe to my program
3. That's it!

You we getting NumLock key at "ROG Key" place.

Cons:
- Asus RogGamingCenter will not work. You need replace gaming center file back from backup.
- Slow speed ( about 4 sec delay ). After pressing ROG key, the AsusGamingCenterKey.exe will run notification in right bottom corner, you can press again after notification is disapeared.
- Notification "Launching RogGamingCenter"

If some one have a better solution give me note please.

Program Link:
http://ge.tt/4HQItZj2

Now this is what I'm talking about! Thanks a lot, I'll definitely try a few things with this.

Aemony
Level 8
A better solution was to use some of the steps and tools mentioned in : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87213-HOW-TO-REMAP-FN-KEY-and-special-buttons-quot-Steam-q...

Not all of them were needed. E.g. installing a highly outdated ATK driver package wasn't needed at all, luckily.