cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting over and redo windows 10 - how hard would it be - any pointers ?

tekno
Level 7
anyone ever just wipe and redo windows 10 - was wondering how hard it would be - any pointers

thanks
5 REPLIES 5

rusinc
Level 7
tekno wrote:
anyone ever just wipe and redo windows 10 - was wondering how hard it would be - any pointers

thanks

Easy. Download windows 10 iso, copy to USB flash (should be in FAT32), install. Download drivers. There 13 or 14 drivers. Install them one buy one, don't need to reboot on each installation, then restart. Done. Takes 40-60 minutes.

fenriv
Level 7
tekno wrote:

thanks

In win10 there is a new feature added - the recovery. Works pretty similar to the hard reset on a smart phones.
Here is the link to official article from MS: link.

You can expand the detailed guide for every option in the bottom of the page.
I hope it helps.

fenriv wrote:
In win10 there is a new feature added - the recovery. Works pretty similar to the hard reset on a smart phones.
Here is the link to official article from MS: link.

You can expand the detailed guide for every option in the bottom of the page.
I hope it helps.

Windows 10 -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC

What's different with resetting Windows 10 using that tool vs. using a Windows 10 installation media is that this tool retains drivers and ASUS-bundled stuff and apps. Using a Windows 10 installation media to completely reinstall Windows 10 leaves no trace of the previous OS installation behind, nor any of the ASUS-bundled stuff and apps.

it has been the https://spanish982.wordpress.com/ useful information

JustinThyme
Level 13
I try to avoid it on laptops but if you must then first things first.S SOFTWARE THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!!!!!

Go to your support page and download any and all updates beforehand.

Now that we have that out of the way downloading the windows media creation tool is simple and it will make a uefi bootable USB drive.

MAKE A COPY OF YOUR ESUPPORT FOLDER WHERE YOU CAN GET TO IT YOU WILL NEED IT, THERE I
Why do you want to do a reinstall? Have you tried reset this PC? If you haven't corrupted or deleted it there is a recovery partition that will put it back to like it was right out of the box, well on most models, you haven't specified what you have.

If you read around here with the search "clean install" what you mostly find is problems of how things didn't turn out as planned.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein