cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 1070 rma and now...

SimDuch
Level 10
Hi there, I had a lot of problem with the fan of my 1070 OC edition. After a succeful rma, the one I received is, i think, not working properly. The bios was already fix apply (****ty Micron Memory) but now the fans are not spinning AT ALL ! the only way to make them work fine is by starting GPU Tweak II and applying any profile. Is the soft must run in order to make the card working ?

Example: Playing RE7, the card will go to 95 deg celcius but the fans will not spin... start Gpu Tweak II boum it works

sorry bad english

S.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi SimDuch

You must use GPU Tweak II to control the fans on your ROG Strix 1070.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi SimDuch

You must use GPU Tweak II to control the fans on your ROG Strix 1070.

I Nate, I know or another soft yes!!... but should the fans turn on while reaching 60 deg without any soft ?? or I need gpu tweak or else in the background ?? right now, if no soft (Afterburner or GPU Tweak) is running the fans will stay off... even at 90deg... which is kinda wrong no ???

JustinThyme
Level 13
I'm surprised that you didn't experience silent fans with the old one. My 1080s from day one required GPU tweak to reach their "factory" OC and load up any fan profiles. They did kick on eventually around the 70c mark and went from zero to jet turbine in a flash. Nvidia tags the top end temps at 94C. Once the software is loaded you can make your own fan profiles and it doesn't use much at all in the resource dept. *I have waterblocks now so fans on the cards are a moot point. The software is still set to auto launch and load the last used clock profile. I generally leave it at default until I need the OC. Then my custom profile is just a single click away.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein