cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pro 960 slow speeds

sonar
Level 7
HI.
So I have the latest bios for my motherboard and set the M.2 strap to pcie instead of Sata in the bios. Disabled CSM downloaded windows directly to a usb and installed windows 10 from the bios usb UEFI. Download the new Magician and... Samsung magician performance test shows my 960 pro 500 GB read speed at 1800 and write speed at 1635 when its supposedly rated and tested at 3500 read and 2500 write. The PCIe Gen shows 2 x 4. After that i have 1000000X installed windows again and still shows the same slowly write and read speed. :(:(:(
What am I missing? Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks in advance
25 REPLIES 25

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi sonar

Try setting the windows power plan to high performance.

I have already set before......

Already tested with crystal....

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Try the newest version of Crystaldiskbenchmark instead of Samsungs benchmark software.

I'm sure your drive is running at full speed. Samsung needs to fix their software!

http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
What MB?

But...make sure you are running Gen 3.0 not gen 2.0....see end of this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90010-Samsung-960-Benchmarks/page5

hmmmm...I did not do that.......hopefully it will work.

😞 Pci Controller set it to Gen 3...still slow speeds.....
XMP overclocking is active has something to do with it...???

Set bios default settings and now i have the correct write and read speeds....
But....how should set my ram to 3000 MHz without overclocking (XMP) ????? XMP reduced my M2 slot speed to Gen 2,:(:(:(

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yeah magician is pretty worthless. Crystal Diskmark is one of the easier to use, ASSD even has errors.

Heres a comparison. I dont use the crap samsung magician, does nothing for me but just for you I donwloaded and isntalled it. Both of these without Samsung drivers

First image, crystal diskmarks....second....bad magic act....Doesnt even tell you what size the blocks were for a good comparison.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein