cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of better Aura software please ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
Instead of a circular selection wheel which can be hard to get the actual colour/shade you want can we get a separate 0-255 RGB colour customization option please ?

53 REPLIES 53

JustinThyme
Level 13
Have to agree there. Slider and 0-255 manual entry should be available. You have the RGB number to enter in the Armory software for the spatha mouse and claymore keyboard and can sync the keyboard with aura if you want. I don't because there are better effects with the armory software.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I think the slider and boxes for manual values is a good idea.

Anyone else in favor, please drop a reply in the thread. 🙂

Asus Aura – Music

I can imagine that when there is no sound at all, leds should be off. Unfortunately that’s not in all modes. In the Rock mode all leds are off when volume is zero. In the ‘Hip Hop’ mod all led are flashing at a zero volume, even when there is no music playing on the background :). When you put the volume at 100% (Hip Hop mode) leds will flashing a little more bright.
Also, in all modes, the leds should be flashing more on the beat of the music. It should be flashing more slower. With this software version flashes don’t make any sense.

Asus Aura – Temperature

The Temperature option works good, and also the SPEED option works fine. Never the less, it would be nice if you could slide the temperature degrees manually. As an example, now red turns ON at 60c, not always the best value.

I actually just came onto these forums to make the exact same suggestion. I tend to base my RGB themes off the art for whatever my favourite character is at the time. I open up the art in Photoshop, use the colour picker to get the RGB, Hue, Saturation and Brightness and then input it in the various lighting effects in Razer Synapse (for my Naga Epic Chroma) and Corsair Utility Engine (for my K70 Cherry-MX Red).

So you can only imagine how disappointed I was after I finished my IX Formula + 1080 08G Strix SLI + G. Skill Trident Z RGB build only to discover that if I actually want them to match I either have to spend probably hours trying to match the colours, or settle for the preset themes (rainbow, colour cycle, etc).

Note: Writing this in Australia where words like 'color' are spelt as 'our' (i.e. colour).

Aura music function is not working anymore. I have gtx 1070 strix. It was working in the past but after last nvidia drivers it is not working ..

I wonder why the company didn't go with the slider in the first place because it seems to be the simplest and most logical choice. Oh well, I would definitely love to see some new improvements in the software.

Count me in. The current setup is somewhat clunky and feels outdated. Sliders and RGB value inputs would be very welcome.

Also wouldn't mind an update that corrects the compatibility issues with the G.skill software for their Tridentz RGB kits. Once installed, the G.skill software apparently breaks the Aura software to the point that Aura fails to run at all.

Valethar wrote:
Also wouldn't mind an update that corrects the compatibility issues with the G.skill software for their Tridentz RGB kits. Once installed, the G.skill software apparently breaks the Aura software to the point that Aura fails to run at all.

I have had this same issue. Aura now either crashes upon opening or my motherboard and CableMod RGB strips are not recognized. This is on the Z270i mobo.