cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Code 62 Error

EminiTrader
Level 7
HI Guys,

My 3rd ASUS build in the past few months. Building a PC for my kids. This one will not boot up.

First time starting it powered right up. Went to turn on monitor and no signal. Look down on the mother board and I have a VGA light ON continuous and a code 62 (not a b2 but a 62).

I took out the GPU and plugged monitor in direct to board and same code. Reseated the RAM and same 62 code. Anyone have any ideas or should I just send the board back to Amazon for replacement? hate to send it back if it's not the board....

Here's the build
Z170 DELUXE ATX board
i5-7600K
32 GIG G.Skill V Series
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6 GIG OC GPU
EVGA SuperNova 650W 80+ Gold
Corsair H100iv2 Cooler
25 REPLIES 25

Nate152
Hi EminiTrader

Try clearing the cmos with the jumper, if that doesn't help try updating the bios to the latest version.

Try another monitor cable.

Well unfortunately that did not work :(.. still have the 62 and the VGA light... Any other ideas Nate? Thanks!

EminiTrader
Level 7
Ok going to do cmos clear now. Tried different monitor, different monitor cable already. Stand by 🙂

EminiTrader
Level 7
Nate how do I update the BiOS if I can't boot up?

Nate152
Yes it's worth a try, before installing the 7600k did you update to the latest bios ?

EminiTrader
Level 7
NO. I don't know how to update the BIOS without the PC being on and in CMOS.

Nate152
All right, set the cmos jumper back to where it was.

Have the psu switch on but don't try to start it.

1) Grab a usb flashdrive.
2) Format the flash drive to FAT32.
3) Go to the Asus support center and download the latest bios for your motherboard.
3) Extract it to the usb flash drive.
4) You'll have to look in your manual to see what to rename the bios file to, for the z170 deluxe I'm not sure what to rename it to.
5) Insert the flash drive into the ROG connect port.
6) Press and hold the bios flashback button until it starts to flash then release, when flashing stops the update has completed and should take around 90 seconds to complete.
7) Start up your pc.

Here is a guide you can follow.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Any luck ?

OK. The BIOS flashed helped to a degree. No more 62 code. Now I am getting A2 code - IDE device. Any ideas on this one 🙂 man this has been quite the build!

EminiTrader
Level 7
Gonna start this process now after I read the guide..