Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Maximus IX Apex XMP 4266MHz Issue.

Hello there.

Just built a new system with the Z270 Apex motherboard paired with a 7700K and I'm trying to make my G.Skill TridentZ 4266MHz ram to work but the system just won't boot at that frequency. What I did was enabled the XMP profile and dialed the bclk back to 100 which Is weird to be raised when applying the profile since I chose to not apply any core enhancements In the first place. The good thing Is that I can still run the ram at 4133MHz but not the Rams advertised speed. Is there any specific settings or voltages that I need to Input on top of the XMP*
    Profile for the rated speed to work or Is It just my CPUs memory controller not able to handle 4266MHZ?

Hello

There is no native memory divider that will allow for 4266MHz memory speed which is why BCLK was increased when XMP was enabled. With such a a high memory overclock manual tuning should be expected instead of plug n' play.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

There is no native memory divider that will allow for 4266MHz memory speed which is why BCLK was increased when XMP was enabled. With such a a high memory overclock manual tuning should be expected instead of plug n' play.
    Well that explains alot Thanks.*

P.S After enabling XMP and allowing It to Increase the bclk to 103 the system booted but there Is still an Issue with the motherboard posting at that frequency,sometimes It would post and sometimes It wont and would require clearing cmos.Tbh I lack the knowledge to manually tune It In. Any specific place I should start with?
    Last edited by Vangry; 02-16-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Try Maximus Tweak mode 2, SA/IO voltage tuning, and/or the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 (which is tuned for performance). 4266 is actually slower than the tuned 4133 profile and should be easier to achieve for most CPUs.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

When E F HUTTON speaks everybody listens. thanks for the tip Raja

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Try Maximus Tweak mode 2, SA/IO voltage tuning, and/or the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 (which is tuned for performance). 4266 is actually slower than the tuned 4133 profile and should be easier to achieve for most CPUs.
    Just tried 4266 tweak mode 2 and SA/IO on auto which shoots their voltage to over 1.3v and the system booted fine but crashed In the first minutes when running
    Real Bench with DPC-Watchdog bsod 0x133. I guess It requires a vcore over 1.4v which I don't feel comfortable enough to use for a 24/7 build. However when I set the memory at 4133 CL19 @ 5.1GHz adaptive 1.380v bios/1.392v cpuz my system passed an hour long test of Real Bench and Prime95 with SA/IO 1.225v/1.2v. Unfortunately the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 didn't boot for me at 5.1GHz the timings are pretty Impressive though. Those were my findings I hope you could share some Insight on what's better to push for.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Vangry; 02-16-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangry View Post
    Just tried 4266 tweak mode 2 and SA/IO on auto which shoots their voltage to over 1.3v and the system booted fine but crashed In the first minutes when running
    Real Bench with DPC-Watchdog bsod 0x133. I guess It requires a vcore over 1.4v which I don't feel comfortable enough to use for a 24/7 build. However when I set the memory at 4133 CL19 @ 5.1GHz adaptive 1.380v bios/1.392v cpuz my system passed an hour long test of Real Bench and Prime95 with SA/IO 1.225v/1.2v. Unfortunately the single sided 2x8GB Samsung profile for 4133 didn't boot for me at 5.1GHz the timings are pretty Impressive though. Those were my findings I hope you could share some Insight on what's better to push for.

Thanks.
    At 5.1Ghz you are likely going to deal with trade offs. You can try the 24/7 Samsung profile again, but with a command rate of 2 to start with. If that doesnt work, increase CAS and tRCD by +1 and see if that helps. After that, you can focus on getting CR1.

ROG Member Array

At 5.1Ghz you are likely going to deal with trade offs. You can try the 24/7 Samsung profile again, but with a command rate of 2 to start with. If that doesnt work, increase CAS and tRCD by +1 and see if that helps. After that, you can focus on getting CR1.
    Command rate 2 did the trick for me the profile worked thanks. Is CR1 much faster than CR2?

Last edited by Vangry; 02-18-2017 at 02:46 PM.

If 1T can be had, it is worthwhile. Interestingly, this platform allows sub 1 clock command rate adjustments (1T+). Something I mean to get around to testing, but haven't toyed with yet. Probably be a few weeks before I can.

In the meantime, if you can get 1T - even by adding +1 to CAS and tRCD - I would do it. Evaluate how much more voltage is needed, though. Either way, the settings you are running now are faster than XMP for this memory kit, so no big deal if 1T can't be achieved.

ROG Member Array

If 1T can be had, it is worthwhile. Interestingly, this platform allows sub 1 clock command rate adjustments (1T+). Something I mean to get around to testing, but haven't toyed with yet. Probably be a few weeks before I can.

In the meantime, if you can get 1T - even by adding +1 to CAS and tRCD - I would do it. Evaluate how much more voltage is needed, though. Either way, the settings you are running now are faster than XMP for this memory kit, so no big deal if 1T can't be achieved.
    Awesome. So far everything Is stable at the current settings passed 8 hours of Realbench with max memory load, now I'm pushing the cache as high as possible without adding extra Vcore. After that I will aim for CR 1 hopefully I could achieve that. Other than that I'm very happy with my results so far.

Thank you again for your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast