cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G74SX-3D Owner - BIOS POST Question

jaguar0620
Level 7
Hi everyone,

So, I replaced my G71v-X2 with this laptop. I have read thru a ton of posts on here and have to say have had some (not all) of the same issues.. Since i just got it yesterday, I am going to follow some of the instructions on here and try fixing some issues. If not, going to wipe it.

My question is: How do you get rid of the BIOS POST Image??

I like to watch my PC's POST process to make sure everything is moving along. (my ocd) It bothers me that I have looked in the BIOS to disable this and all I have found is an option to go static or animated.. lol

Thanks everyone for any info you can provide. 🙂
Jaguar

G74SX-DH73-3D, BIOS v203
12 REPLIES 12

BrodyBoy
Level 10
If I recall, it's in the Advanced BIOS tab....listed as something like Post type.....

Sorry I'm not more specific. Bot at the G74 right now to check.

Brodyboy, thanks for the reply....

Yes, under Advanced and Post Logo Type you hasve 2 options Animated and Static I do not have an option to disable the logo.

Does anyone else have this same thing with no way to disable to Logo???
Jaguar

G74SX-DH73-3D, BIOS v203

jaguar0620 wrote:
Brodyboy, thanks for the reply....

Yes, under Advanced and Post Logo Type you hasve 2 options Animated and Static I do not have an option to disable the logo.

Does anyone else have this same thing with no way to disable to Logo???

Really? That's ALL there is? I could have sworn I'd see a silent option, but maybe I'm thinking of a different computer.

PILGRIM
Level 11
I think there's no option to disable Post Logo Type.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

aww.... poo.. My G71V had the option to disable so I wanted to ask if maybe there was a BIOS update (i updated straight to 203) or an option I just missed or something.

Thank you again for your replies.

Too Bad 😞
Jaguar

G74SX-DH73-3D, BIOS v203

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Yeah.....I just looked in my N73 BIOS, which is very similar to the G74's....and I don't see any way to show or not show post info. Weird.

So jaquar....I'm afraid you might well be stuck with a locked BIOS, as you feared. 😞

dstrakele
Level 14
I'm thinking (but not certain) ASUS has the G74 BIOS set up like this to work with their FancyStart Boot utility. Instead of watching boring POST info pass by your eyes EVERY TIME you boot your laptop, you can have something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=v5splf8IWgE
:bangs head repeatedly against the desk
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

PILGRIM
Level 11
@jaguar0620

If you want you can use Fancy Start and put your photo on the Post Logo instead of ASUS'.
I put my picture on the Post Logo in my other laptop. 😛
ASUS G74SX-3DE

@Pilgrim

Does Fancy start run on the G74sx?? Do you know anyone that has tried it?
Jaguar

G74SX-DH73-3D, BIOS v203