cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users of gl502vs

MAZAGYE
Level 7
hi everyone cam new to this fourm and am from kuwait so english is not my first language*

i have bought gl502vs and waiting for it to arive and am over *excited * about it*

*i want to know what you think about the laptop after using ?*

and another thing which is better 980m gtx or 1070gtx ?
5 REPLIES 5

fenriv
Level 7
MAZAGYE wrote:
hi everyone cam new to this fourm and am from kuwait so english is not my first language*

i have bought gl502vs and waiting for it to arive and am over *excited * about it*

*i want to know what you think about the laptop after using ?*

and another thing which is better 980m gtx or 1070gtx ?

Hi there MAZAGYE,

I've also bought this laptop recently. It's nice, fast and has a really good price/performance ratio.
The GTX 1070 is even better than GTX 980 (without M) :).

And about usage, there is one minor issue with battery drain under heavy load. It's already being investigated buy Asus. As a temporary solution you can use undervolting.
Here is the instruction: link.
It's not exactly for our model, but works very good.
This is the thread about our model (you may find some recommendations there too): link.

Cheers 🙂

fenriv wrote:
Hi there MAZAGYE,

I've also bought this laptop recently. It's nice, fast and has a really good price/performance ratio.

And about usage, there is one minor issue with battery drain under heavy load. It's already being investigated buy Asus. As a temporary solution you can use undervolting.
This is the thread about our model (you may find some recommendations there too): link.

Cheers 🙂

Do you know If they will be issuing replacement power supply units or are we going to suffer underclocking?

niro750 wrote:
Do you know If they will be issuing replacement power supply units or are we going to suffer underclocking?

Right now the investigation of this issue is in progress within Asus. I think, the solution from them will be based on the results of that investigation.
I should say, undervolting is not underclocking: you may have even higher then stock frequencies combined with the lower temperatures.

Any way, if you don't want to wait or bother, then simply contact the support (via email or call). They're going for RMA or full refund very easy.

fenriv wrote:
Hi there MAZAGYE,

Cheers 🙂

Thank you so much for your reply I want to ask about undervolting dose it affict game play fps ? and in kuwait volteg is 220 / 240 w dose this confilct with undervolting ? may be stupid qustions but its worring me*

Nope the undervolting instructions will be the same regardless of what your AC voltage is.