New ROGer Array

BSOD with Strix X99

Hello !

I'm experiencing some issues with an Asus Strix X99 motherboard.
    I had a X99-Deluxe which had some problems. So I RMA'd this one and bought a Strix X99.
    Now, a new problem occurs.
    Everytime I install AI suite, or anything related to Asus, I have one of the following BSOD: SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA refering to the file iomap64.sys
    This happens only at the first boot, then the blue screen appears immediatly after windows loaded up, the computer restarts and it works fine until I let it off for a few time.

I'm running Windows 10 64bits, with 16Gb of DDR4 ram, it happens with or without XML profile.

One possibility would be to remove Asus's software, but as I'm using them it would be nice for me if I can keep them without this problem.

Thanks a lot for reading,
    Have a nice day

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array

hi Je
    BSOD may has various causes , in IOMAP64.sys Blue Screen
    Could be SATA Drive or memory , You can check all of them for troubleshooting

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

This can happen when there is a polling conflict with the GPU. Remove any 3rd party tools such as MSI Afterburner or similar and see if the issue persists.

New ROGer Array

Hello ! First of all thanks for your replies.

My graphic card is an Asus GTX1080 Strix, so I'm using GPU tweaker II. Unfortunately, I don't see any other programs that can conflict. I tried with a fresh install, with nothing more than just the drivers provided on Asus's website and the problem still occurs.
    But I remember, indeed, that the problem seems to happen only when I have the combo AI suite / GPU tweaker II, is it possible ?

I already ran a memtest on my ram, and after a few hours the test was successful.
    Concerning the Sata drive, I have only one a samsung NVMe SSD, no dvd/blu-ray player or other SSD.

I may have a temporary fix, if I can call that a fix. I renamed the iomap64.sys to iomap64.sys.old.
    Everything seems to work like it should, but this file is here for a reason lol

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Yes potentially a conflict there. Have a search on here as I believe there has been a resolution posted. I have seen this issue with Afterburner and AI Suite also.