cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VT touchpad stopped working

maquirri91
Level 7
Hi, my touchpad on my GL502VT stopped working after a computer crash. I tried the FN+F9 and it does not work. I also tried reinstalling the drivers from https://www.asus.com/uk/support/Download/3/871/0/1/O66PQySjhoZXNE7t/45/ and when it's installing I get this error: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".

Please help me, my next option is reinstalling Windows and I don't want to go through all that trouble since I have a lot of software installed for work.

Best,

Francisco Valencia
5 REPLIES 5

Julskey
Level 10
Uninstall the driver for your touchpad. If you can't see it in device manager, uninstall the PS/2 mouse. Then restart Laptop. Reinstall drivers, ATK package, Smart gesture, etc...

Julskey wrote:
Uninstall the driver for your touchpad. If you can't see it in device manager, uninstall the PS/2 mouse. Then restart Laptop. Reinstall drivers, ATK package, Smart gesture, etc...

Thanks for the help, but I've tried that and it doesn't work, it says there's no communication with the device in the device manager. I think it's broken and a lot of people have had the same issue.

Julskey
Level 10
There is a good chance your internal pointing device got disabled. Go to BIOS and check Internal Pointing Device if it is enabled. Hit F9 for optimized defaults (this trick solved a G-sync problem in G752 before). Save and exit. I'm not 100% sure it will fix the problem but is worth a try.

Julskey wrote:
There is a good chance your internal pointing device got disabled. Go to BIOS and check Internal Pointing Device if it is enabled. Hit F9 for optimized defaults (this trick solved a G-sync problem in G752 before). Save and exit. I'm not 100% sure it will fix the problem but is worth a try.

I tried that, but it is enabled and keeps not working. Thanks for the help though!

It's not a solution but it could help, what i do each time I turn on my lap is
go to \Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS PTP Driver\win10
and double click on install all, then it works, I hope it works for you too