cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does current SupremeFX have EAX & ALchemy support for backwards compatibility?

bfollowell
Level 9
The subject line says it all. Does anyone know if the current version of the SupremeFX sound solution used with the Asus Maximus IX Hero still retains the Creative EAX & Creative ALchemy support of older versions for sound compatibility with older game titles? I know SupremeFX is really just an ASUS branded version of the Realtek codec which typically works with Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software to gain these features. Anyway, this used to be a selling point with the Asus boards and their SupremeFX sound solution and was always listed as a feature, but now, not so much, so I'm curious if it is still in there somewhere.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Darkbluesky
Level 7
Hi,

This is the most recent post about ALchemy and recent SupremeFX boards I could found, but nobody answered it, so I thought it could be ok to add some info here. I have the Maximus XI Hero, I use old games (COD1, etc), so I need Alchemy.

I tried and X-Fi MB3 does not work, it installs, but when ran it says no compatible hardware found. The same for Alchemy, if you install it (standalone version), it will install but when you run, it says no compatible hardware found and closes itself.

The only solution I found for using old EAX games is to install Alchemy Universal (https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/28-creative-alchemy-universal/), which indeed works.

I did not use X-Fi MB3 before, so I do not know if it was normal for it to work for non-creative hardware. Anyway I found it does not work for my motherboard. Please, if someone has other info it would be very helpful to post it, that would indeed help others.

Darkbluesky wrote:
Hi,

This is the most recent post about ALchemy and recent SupremeFX boards I could found, but nobody answered it, so I thought it could be ok to add some info here. I have the Maximus XI Hero, I use old games (COD1, etc), so I need Alchemy.

I tried and X-Fi MB3 does not work, it installs, but when ran it says no compatible hardware found. The same for Alchemy, if you install it (standalone version), it will install but when you run, it says no compatible hardware found and closes itself.

The only solution I found for using old EAX games is to install Alchemy Universal (https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/28-creative-alchemy-universal/), which indeed works.

I did not use X-Fi MB3 before, so I do not know if it was normal for it to work for non-creative hardware. Anyway I found it does not work for my motherboard. Please, if someone has other info it would be very helpful to post it, that would indeed help others.

Not Sure Why MB3 did not work for you? I found that MB5 worked for me along with Alchemy I had to find a copy of a modified driver online. Shady install methods and all. But it worked I don't use it anymore, you may want to look at MB5 and see if you have any luck with it bud. I just ended up downloading / using a program called HeSuVi for my sound needs never looked back after that.

I also Use Maximus Code iX

Good Luck Bud