cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rma going poorly

TheWeeTyrant
Level 8
Almost all of my motherboards have been Asus. I've been very happy with them. I had some problems with my Asus 390x Strix. The card would randomly give me screen disconnects or no signal and I'd have to restart my computer. I requested an RMA from Asus and was granted one right away. So far so good. Sent the card into their facility in Indiana. The card arrived on the 10th of February. I have received zero e-mail updates since I got the RMA form and the only reason I know whats going on is by checking the status via their site. 5 days ago the status was changed from "we received the item" to "a part is missing or on order" Its been a week. I've only had to RMA a card once before and that was with EVGA. It was a really good experience and they offered an "advanced RMA" where they would cross ship a new card. I received e-mail updates and customer service was prompt when I contacted them. Am I being impatient? Should I just wait indefinitely while ASUS gets the "missing part"? This is the most money I've ever spent on a card and I just expected more from a company as large as ASUS.
3 REPLIES 3

jakesno
Level 7
When you receive outstanding service, like your experience with EVGA try and look at it as an atypical event. That's why it was outstanding. Regarding RMA's I would give it 14 business days from the time they receive the item before you start applying pressure such as inquiries, complaints etc. 14 business days is almost 3 weeks, and is usually a full 3 weeks since you shipped it too them.

3 weeks gives you a bit of leverage. You've been patient as a consumer and anyone should expect an update at that point.

Nate152
Hi TheWeeTyrant

Keep us updated on how the RMA is going, if you have any problems I will forward this to the administrator.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi TheWeeTyrant

Keep us updated on how the RMA is going, if you have any problems I will forward this to the administrator.

Way overdue on this post. Asus switched out my 390x for a brand new GTX 1070. Very happy with my treatment. Commnication could have been better, but overall ASUS took care of me and I will not hesitate to buy from them again.