cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero Bios 3201

KotTHECat
Level 10
M8H 3201 (direct link)

• Fix enable wake on by PCIE and shutdown into S5, press keyboard any key will be waked up

Someone already flashed?
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro
71 REPLIES 71

HeroVIII
Level 7
KotTHECat wrote:
M8H 3201 (direct link)

• Fix enable wake on by PCIE and shutdown into S5, press keyboard any key will be waked up

Someone already flashed?

It is scary, watching the last ones.
Waiting for the response of someone understanding the subject to do so.

HeroVIII wrote:
It is scary, watching the last ones.
Waiting for the response of someone understanding the subject to do so.

Flashed and no issues. Works fine.

Understand to enable Wake on by PCIE? That's not so hard, just go in to BIOS and enable S5 and enable wake on by PCIE. Hit F10 and reboot.

Shut down your computer - hit any key on keyboard to turn on your computer. Easy.
Now it works without installing Keybot.

emsir wrote:

Understand to enable Wake on by PCIE? That's not so hard, just go in to BIOS and enable S5 and enable wake on by PCIE. Hit F10 and reboot.

Shut down your computer - hit any key on keyboard to turn on your computer. Easy.

If I activate Wake on by PCIE then the Option "enable S5" is automaticly set to deaktivate. And this with the current Version 3201 on a M8E.

Three of Twelve wrote:
If I activate Wake on by PCIE then the Option "enable S5" is automaticly set to deaktivate. And this with the current Version 3201 on a M8E.

If you enable Wake on by PCIE it will automatically go in to S5. That's why S5 becomes unavailable. If you shut down your computer you will notice that no LED on the motherbard is on. Thats' S5. Now any key on keyboard will turn your computer on. It doesn't work with earlier BIOS buid. You had to use Keybot.

Three of Twelve wrote:

If you enable Wake on by PCIE it will automatically go in to S5. That's why S5 becomes unavailable. If you shut down your computer you will notice that no LED on the motherbard is on. That's' S5. Now any key on keyboard will turn your computer on. It doesn't work with earlier BIOS buid. You had to use Keybot.

emsir wrote:

I am glad that it is stable although as it is a function that I do not use, if there are no other improvements I will apparently miss this update, unless other updates of different components are included and work with this new Bios.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
I don't see this update on the download site

Jagdseelen wrote:

Yes it is: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

kaufen
Level 7