cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOD H320 X2 Prestige?

Realmzy
Level 8
I am currently using the H320 X2 Prestige to only cool my CPU.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I reversed the fans to push air OUT of the case over the radiator instead of pulling air IN to the case over the radiator. I did this because the amount of airflow in the original configuration along with the other 3 fans built in to the 900D would give me way high positive pressure... that would be 6 120MM fans IN, and only 1 140MM fan out.... that seems to me to be a ratio much too high to be efficient. I am a believer in some positive pressure, but that seems too high. So the question: Anyone have experience with how much my temps will be affected since I reversed the fans on the radiator? I am guessing they will be somewhat affected because I am now pushing WARM air over the fins, instead of pulling in cooler room temperature air over the radiator.

2. I am thinking of MOD'ing the H320 to incorporate my SLI 1080's into the loop. Can the 320 handle that? Would the temp difference in that loop be enough to justify the cost? I mean.. the Twin Frozr VI's are pretty good. If I run Rad to cpu to gpu 1 to gpu 2 back to Rad... can the H320 pump that around enough to keep it all cooled well?

My other option is I could fit a seperate cooling system into the 900D easily.. but I am not aware of any AIO GPU cooling kits for the MSI 1080 Gaming X? Any help there would also be appreciated. Building one piecemeal would be fun.. but I'd rather mod what I have if it can take it.

That's all for now!

Thanks for your help!
0 REPLIES 0