cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, getting external monitor for G751

MeteoricDragon
Level 7
I have a G751 and I have been playing some games with dark scenes, and it seems more difficult to see than I think it should be. Bright areas seem fine, but darker colors are hard to tell apart.

I'm considering buying a 22 inch monitor to use for gaming for a better picture. I don't want to get one that displays dark colors poorly. Are there any limitations on my G751 that I should be aware of before choosing a monitor? What kinds of display technology (IPS, LED, TFT, etc) are better than my laptop screen?
4 REPLIES 4

Julskey
Level 10
Yo can always adjust gamma. I think there is an adjustment for that in most games.*

well, that is true, but aren't there monitors that display darker colors better?

BoutTime01
Level 7
I had this issue. In the end I uninstalled Asus Splendid Utility as it kept overiding the gamma settings in Nvidia Control Panel and In Game.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

xeromist
You aren't really limited as to what monitor will work. Any monitor should be compatible but keep in mind that a laptop GPU is not that powerful so I would stick with something HD rather than UHD or 4K. Those higher resolutions will likely have much lower framerates.

Did you actually try without Splendid? Sometimes people prefer running without it.

There isn't really any ideal technology. TN is nice and fast for games but has poor color accuracy. IPS is pretty good with colors but doesn't have very deep blacks. VA is going to have better blacks but is a bit slow for gaming use. OLED is still expensive.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…