cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage IV Formula X79 issue

Superbitsandbob
Level 7
Specs:

3930k (currently at stock everything in BIOS)
ASUS Rampage IV Formula
Samsung Green 16GB
Titan X Pascal
Windows 10 64bit

I've had this issue for some time now and have reached that point where I might just upgrade but thought I'd see if it can be fixed first.

When my PC boots up its great. No issues. I have run CPU and RAM stress tests for hours with no errors or problems. But often, it doesn't boot at all. There is power to the board and when I hit the power button all of the fans run up but there is no post and the following lights stay on:

CPU LED: Solid red
There are also 2 green LED's that stay alight which I think might be PCH_1.5 and maybe VCORE or GND.

The PC will then do nothing else. I have to power down and start again. Sometimes the PC will come on straight away, sometimes it does the above but will start after one or two attempts. Sometimes it takes 20+ retries to get it going. It's really weird as when it comes on, its great!

The BIOS is currently all at defaults and I've tried stripping down the PC a number of times, reseating CPU etc. I've also updated to the latest BIOS which I think is 5501. Any help before I spend money much appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

ChiefZeke
Level 10
I would suggest you try a new/different power supply, of equal or greater power output.
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD