cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM + XG Station 2 is a GO!

andvoy
Level 7
My XG Station 2 arrived today. Wasn't ready for it to be here this early so I don't have a video card yet, but I plugged it in anyway.
The thunderbolt app detected it straight away and I really didn't have to do anything. It's up and running... working as a very big USB hub at the moment 😉 but once the video card arrives I'll be sure to update this thread with the results and any head scratchers I might have encountered.
6 REPLIES 6

rusinc
Level 7
andvoy wrote:
My XG Station 2 arrived today. Wasn't ready for it to be here this early so I don't have a video card yet, but I plugged it in anyway.
The thunderbolt app detected it straight away and I really didn't have to do anything. It's up and running... working as a very big USB hub at the moment 😉 but once the video card arrives I'll be sure to update this thread with the results and any head scratchers I might have encountered.

Which video card are you gonna put in? :rolleyes:

rusinc wrote:
Which video card are you gonna put in? :rolleyes:

Well, of course the one and only GTX 1080 😉

Do you have the Skylake version or the Kabylake version? Do you know if the XG station in compatible with the skylake version?

DaCa1909 wrote:
Do you have the Skylake version or the Kabylake version? Do you know if the XG station in compatible with the skylake version?

Yes it is because I have the older Skylake GL502VM with the i7-6700HQ

andvoy wrote:
Yes it is because I have the older Skylake GL502VM with the i7-6700HQ

Wonderful! Do you know if it's possible to use a quadro gpu or if it's only for gtx?

DaCa1909 wrote:
Wonderful! Do you know if it's possible to use a quadro gpu or if it's only for gtx?

I am not sure, the box or manual didn't say anything about a quadro GPU, it only stated that it's compatible with the GTX 900 and 1000 series.
I guess it would be wise to ask tech support, but then I don't see how a quadro GPU would be any different from a normal GTX when it comes to eGPU enclosures.