cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero Build Problem. Help!

tacticaljeeper
Level 7
My son and are have a Maximus VIII Hero with an I7-7700K processor, 1 stick of PNY ANARCHY DDR4 2133MHZ RAM, I had 2 matching ones in it but was getting a memory error on the other one, figured it was bad, no video card yet. Trying to get it to boot to the BIOS using the onboard graphics. I'm getting a code 62 then a quick flash to 72 then a solid 62 again. All the fans and lights are on but no beeps. I tried to put an old video card into to see if I could get something up on the screen and still nothing same code. Any ideas? We are in desperate need of help!
9 REPLIES 9

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi tacticaljeeper 🙂

First ensure the qcode is 62 and not b2 as one is a memory training code and as your having issues with RAM then Try with another kit of RAM.
You can distinguish between the two as 6 will be drawn with a horizontal line across the top of the hex display while b looks like b.
The failing kit should be RMA if one module is failing. Always best to select kits from the MB QVL list.
You can check your RAM modules by booting from a USB stick using Memtest86 .
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Nate152
Hello tacticaljeeper

Have you updated to the latest bios before installing your 7700k ?

Definitely a 62.
I updated after I put the processor in. Edit: I pulled it back out re flashed it and reinstalled. No change.

tacticaljeeper wrote:
Definitely a 62.
I updated after I put the processor in. Edit: I pulled it back out re flashed it and reinstalled. No change.

Did you try a different kit of RAM.? As one module has failed you should RMA the full kit.
If this issue continues then it may indeed be the CPU. You will have to check for bent pins in the MB socket and benchtest the system.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Okay I'm an idiot. When I flashed the BIOS I didn't rename the file. So now I have an A2 code IDE detect. What is this telling me?

tacticaljeeper wrote:
Okay I'm an idiot. When I flashed the BIOS I didn't rename the file. So now I have an A2 code IDE detect. What is this telling me?

What this tells me that your Bios is now not recognizing your OS drive. The issue may be resolved when you Flash the Bios correctly. As you probably are unable to flash Bios using EZ utility then you can do it without powering up the system. Just have power to the MB.
Best method is to use your rear IO panel and an empty fat32 formatted USB. Download the correct bios file 3201 and check rename is M8H.CAP.
Refer to your MB manual for correct flashback port and flash button.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Nate152

I did and got it updated. Now I have an IDE detect error A2 and an orange boot device LED light.

Nate152
Could possibly be a drive issue as MeanMachine suggests.

Do you have display ?