Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisChild View Post
    Highly unlikely that both boards would have the same defective memory slots.

The only common element here is the CPU.
    If you can rule out bent/broken pins and no warped PCB, it would seem to be related to the CPU IMC.
    I know for sure there are no bent pins and the PCB of the CPU is straight as they come.
    Last motherboard got bench-tested with a different CPU/Memory by the computer shop that sold it to me. Thats why they exchanged it.
    I also thought that the CPU was defective, but unless my CPU is killing memory lanes... i don't know what to think about this.

Thanks!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielmage View Post
    Hey Raja, tried everything you said

When i used only A2 i get a CC q-code, followed by a 55. (And I'm unable to boot)
    If i install B2 + A2, i get a 49 first, then a loop between 01 and 03.

This is the same for all cases you've proposed I test

Memory kit part number: CMU32GX4M4C3000C15B.

Even with System Agent and IO voltage set manually to 1.25V? What happens if you manually set DRAM voltage to 1.35V, as well? Test that out also (same test method as my previous post), and let me know what happens. See if you still get the same codes.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Even with System Agent and IO voltage set manually to 1.25V? What happens if you manually set DRAM voltage to 1.35V, as well? Test that out also (same test method as my previous post), and let me know what happens. See if you still get the same codes.
    Raja: Upping the DRAM voltage changed nothing, behaves exactly the same, same codes and everything. I've been in contact with Intel support as well, just so you know I've run their Diagnostic tool and the CPU's IMC seems to be working fine, the test passed without errors. (I've attached a screenshot)
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMC.JPG  

I've never used Intel's tests as they can provide false positives.

If the SA/IO voltage at 1.25V and DRAM voltage set manually to 1.35V do not help, something weird is going on with the board itself. Almost wondering if the CPU cooler is causing it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've never used Intel's tests as they can provide false positives.

If the SA/IO voltage at 1.25V and DRAM voltage set manually to 1.35V do not help, something weird is going on with the board itself. Almost wondering if the CPU cooler is causing it.
    I'm using a Corsair H100i V2, have you ever had issues related to them? I mean, there is no much pressure on the board itself, its not like a giant air cooler weighting down on it.

Also, I've tried the 4 memory dimms in a friends PC, and it booted right away. Were you able to test the mother my memory kit as you said you would?

I'm running out of options here, I could get a replacement for the CPU but i don't know if the issue lies there. I might be able to try it in another another pc with my memories.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielmage View Post
    I'm using a Corsair H100i V2, have you ever had issues related to them? I mean, there is no much pressure on the board itself, its not like a giant air cooler weighting down on it.

Also, I've tried the 4 memory dimms in a friends PC, and it booted right away. Were you able to test the mother my memory kit as you said you would?

I'm running out of options here, I could get a replacement for the CPU but i don't know if the issue lies there. I might be able to try it in another another pc with my memories.

Thanks!

I won't be testing the kit myself - still checking if HQ has the same kit. If they do I will ask for a replication.

Trying the CPU in a different board would be a good idea.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I won't be testing the kit myself - still checking if HQ has the same kit. If they do I will ask for a replication.

Trying the CPU in a different board would be a good idea.
    I'll see what i can do

About the CPU Cooler, have you had issues with the one I'm using? What makes you think it could be the CPU cooler? So i might understand better.

Thanks

A bad mount can warp the board or cause uneven pressure on the socket - that can cause issues with memory detection.

ROG Enthusiast Array

A bad mount can warp the board or cause uneven pressure on the socket - that can cause issues with memory detection.
    Would you consider a watercooler capable of this or just large air coolers?

Seen all kinds of cooler cause it. Sometimes there are machining tolerance problems that result in uneven mounting pressure. The Corsair H series shouldnt have this problem, but given you've been through three boards, it's worth ruling out the constants in the config.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast