cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible 3D monitors with ASUS laptop G74SX-A1

foxtrout23
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a compatible 3D display to work with my ASUS laptop G74SX-A1. I saw ASUS VG236E but NVIDIA was not sure if it was compatible with their video card. Does anyone on this forum know if they are compatible? A1 is great laptop other than display doesn't support 120 Hz (3d). They came out with a G74SX-3DE in which it supports 3d, I wish I knew about this laptop I would have bought that one instead. I had my G74SX-A1 for about 2 months. It is sort of misleading on my laptop is says NVIDIA 3dtv television in which I thought you could play 3d from your laptop but actually what it is saying is you can play 3d from laptop to a 3d television. Please mention other monitors that are 3d compatible from laptop to 3d television.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3

renik
Level 7
my friend, if you find a solution, please let me now too.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Take a look at this screen Asus VG278H.

It says it's compatible with nVidia but I don't know about the price for that screen.
but I can not confirm it will work though 😞
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

i have same laptop and bought the 278 without thinking to check ports.....unfortunately its the same story as with the smaller brother. HDMI 1.4 does not support 1920x1080 at 120hz......its doable with the 3dplay side of the nvidia card but only at 1920x1080 @ 24hz or 1280x720 @ 60hz.............the first is ****ty for 3d gaming cause of framerate...the second cause of resoluotion...take your pick huh?

bottom line...the screens will work but without dvi no where near how they can
although on a 23 inch the res problem won't be as significanf.