cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii hero oc results @ i5 6600k

Severan
Level 8
So this is fun.

Last night I was documenting my pcs for posterity when I noticed that despite my lackluster of a cooler (a noctua from 2008 with one fan, something like n 12 or somesuch) I had pretty decent temperatures. Around say 60 degrees.
My overclock stays at 4.8ghz and voltages are at 1.36.
I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere to 1.4v.

I just wanted to know what are the experiences of other ocers out there. Is this the typical i5 6600k? I saw an excel spreadsheet some time ago but I could have sworn it had mostly crappier results...

Anyone care to share their thoughts? I will post pictures later today.

Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi Severan

You have an exceptional 6600k, my 6700k can't come close to what your 6600k can do.

Severan
Level 8
Here we go. I have since then overclocked the ram to 3200mhz with no instability.
But yeah... Quite amazed tbh.

Genshiryoku
Level 7
Hi Severan, we have an similiar OC here 😄
Im using i5 6600k with M8 Hero and Corsair h110i GTX AIO cooler
I think the maximum stable OC with my system is 4.8 ghz with 1.35V, i usually use my rig for gaming, and maximum temp around 60* Celcius
I really like to push a little further but i dont really confident with voltage more than 1.35V for long term use
Regards. 😮

Nate152
Max safe voltage is 1.52v, max safe temp is 64c, you need really good cooling or delid your cpu to go that high with the voltage.

Nate152 wrote:
Max safe voltage is 1.52v, max safe temp is 64c, you need really good cooling or DELID your cpu to go that high with the voltage.

Thats the problem 😞
I really dont want to break my cpu warranty by doing that xD

Severan
Level 8
Wat?

Severan
Level 8
Oh I got it now. Yep max v is around 1.5v, I refrain from going over 1.45v. About temps 64c is a new for me. Where is that one written?