cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula no wifi, bad lan

coffman34
Level 7
I just got my build up and going and am having constant problems with the WiFi and LAN.

1. The LAN will randomly drop, not wanting to connect to anything for a few minutes. Give it a minute or so, and it will be fine.

2. I can't even see the WiFi device. Nor use the wifi.

I have tried using the most recent drivers, reinstalling windows, rolling back to default windows drivers, everything.

Anyone experience similiar?
4 REPLIES 4

FuryA
Level 8
hi coffman
if reinstall the OS/drive still can't solve
Please contact the US service for helping RMA service
Sorry for inconvenience to you

Raja
Level 13
coffman34 wrote:
I just got my build up and going and am having constant problems with the WiFi and LAN.

1. The LAN will randomly drop, not wanting to connect to anything for a few minutes. Give it a minute or so, and it will be fine.

2. I can't even see the WiFi device. Nor use the wifi.

I have tried using the most recent drivers, reinstalling windows, rolling back to default windows drivers, everything.

Anyone experience similiar?

1) Aside from any router level conflicts, is the board getting excessively hot - as in not cooled well enough?

2) The wireless drivers are different from the ethernet driver pack. I had one user recently that assumed the wifi drivers were installed as part of the Intel ethernet driver package. I had to direct him to the support page wireless section, and he realized he hadn't installed the wifi driver at all. If that doesn't apply to you, and the wireless controller simply isn't present in the operating system, confirm its enabled in UEFI. If that isn't the issue, I'd RMA the board.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
1) Aside from any router level conflicts, is the board getting excessively hot - as in not cooled well enough?

2) The wireless drivers are different from the ethernet driver pack. I had one user recently that assumed the wifi drivers were installed as part of the Intel ethernet driver package. I had to direct him to the support page wireless section, and he realized he hadn't installed the wifi driver at all. If that doesn't apply to you, and the wireless controller simply isn't present in the operating system, confirm its enabled in UEFI. If that isn't the issue, I'd RMA the board.

-Raja

I don't believe it's router level issues. As all my other devices are working just fine. Also, with a external WiFi adapter plugged into USB my internet works fine.

Cooling shouldn't be an issue, as the board and CPU are water cooled. With 4 Corsair fans blowing into the case, and 1 blowing out of the case.

I have both WiFi and LAN drivers installed from the support page.

Looks like I will contact about doing an RMA. 😞

After removing a dedicated Physix card, the wifi has started working upon next reboot. The wifi device is showing in the network adapters now also.

I had placed the physix card in the last PCI-E slot, leaving the 2nd slot open. I am not sure if this makes a difference.

I'm to lazy to try to open the case back up and re add the card to see if that was indeed the problem. Either way, it's fixed!