Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator Array

Hi sdmf74,

The driver for M8 series is the same as for M9 series.

As to the plan for FrontBase II, I am afraid I have not being informed about its existence at this stage.

No, you will need to connect to ROG extension header to receive its functionality.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    I think the initial question was will there be an official drivers update for z270 platform?
    Rog M9F

Or is there a front base II in the works? A cable with the rog ext. Connector and usb seperated would be great so we don't have to use our only usb 2.0 header on M9F, in this case we could utilize an internal usb hub.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

Thanks for the response. I know that the ROG EXT. connection must be utilized for it to function, what I meant was if the rog ext cable had the usb portion seperated
    instead of being all one plug than we could use our only usb 2.0 header to add an internal usb 2.0 hub and plug the usb portion of the rog ext cable into the hub
    and plug the rog ext portion into the motherboard like normal and we would be able to have enough usb ports for our case's front panel usb ports or corsair usb link or whatever else.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus rog ext cable.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	64437

Also there is no mention of compatibility in the drivers for Z270 series chipset
    Because of these oversights I have shelved my ROG Front base as Im sure many others have had to do with this years maximus ix formula, code etc.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

Moderator Array

Hi sdmf74,

The support list has already been updated quite some time ago to include Intel 200 series:
    https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Acc...Base/overview/

It seem to be updated only for the global site at the moment, I have already requested for localization for different localized pages.

With regards to the front USB 2.0 ports, I am afraid that is more to do with the space available at the bottom side of the motherboard to place these connectors. However, I will pass your suggestions and concerns to the relative department for future improvements.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I know that the ROG EXT. connection must be utilized for it to function, what I meant was if the rog ext cable had the usb portion seperated
    instead of being all one plug than we could use our only usb 2.0 header to add an internal usb 2.0 hub and plug the usb portion of the rog ext cable into the hub
    and plug the rog ext portion into the motherboard like normal and we would be able to have enough usb ports for our case's front panel usb ports or corsair usb link or whatever else.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus rog ext cable.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	64437

Also there is no mention of compatibility in the drivers for Z270 series chipset
    Because of these oversights I have shelved my ROG Front base as Im sure many others have had to do with this years maximus ix formula, code etc.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello, where i can buy this cable ?
    I have other parts just i dont have the cable

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi Renikz,

The latest update for ROG Front Base can already support ROG Maximus IX Series and STRIX Z270 series motherboards:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...483.1446513001

Please note that Equalizer is not supported, as there is no ROG Sound Stage in these series of motherboard.

Is the Equalizer supported with my Maximus IX Apex ?

Edit:

OK, as no one want's or can answer my question, I took the risk and ordered one from the UK and will let you know later-on, how it goes.

Edit-2:

Have a look here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge2#post735395

Last edited by TOG | TONSCHUH; 09-14-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: 2nd Edit added

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2