Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Mic sounds good when i hear my own voice

I've used the headset for some days now and i got the same issue as everybody else. But when i first downloaded the new firmware i heard my own voice in the headset as i was talking. At that point the mic sounded good. I also recorded how the mic was sounding than to make sure i don't hear wrong, and it still was sounding good. But i didn't want to hear my voice all the time so i restarted my computer and the voice disappeared. But then the mic got bad again. After some hours i turned on the computer again and i heard my voice again and the mic was sounding good. And next time i started the computer right now it sounds bad again and i don't hear my voice. So i don't know what's happening really :/

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by abbeand View Post
    I've used the headset for some days now and i got the same issue as everybody else. But when i first downloaded the new firmware i heard my own voice in the headset as i was talking. At that point the mic sounded good. I also recorded how the mic was sounding than to make sure i don't hear wrong, and it still was sounding good. But i didn't want to hear my voice all the time so i restarted my computer and the voice disappeared. But then the mic got bad again. After some hours i turned on the computer again and i heard my voice again and the mic was sounding good. And next time i started the computer right now it sounds bad again and i don't hear my voice. So i don't know what's happening really :/
    Nor do Asus.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime01 View Post
    Nor do Asus.

Just mute/demute the microphone in the Speakers settings.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Headset.JPG  

ROG Member Array HarathAU PC Specs
    HarathAU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)CMU32GX4M2C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB
    MonitorAsus ROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Galaxy Silver
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i 750W 80 Plus Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark
    Mouse Razer Naga / Corsair Scimitar
    Headset Asus ROG Centurion 7.1
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG sheath
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNeargear X10

So i just saw this on facbook, literally just came up in my news feed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96r0gvy.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	65897

i honestly don't know if you guys are honestly in the dark about the problem.. or trying to be deceptive, but it isnt the best look especially the line

"With its 12000Hz frequency response, 65dB signal-to-noise ratio, and -26dB sensitivity, it’s a clear winner for headset microphones."

https://www.facebook.com/asusaustral...423336/?type=3
    Last edited by HarathAU; 07-10-2017 at 09:14 AM.

ROG Member Array

You know better

Quote Originally Posted by HarathAU View Post
    So i just saw this on facbook, literally just came up in my news feed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96r0gvy.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	65897

i honestly don't know if you guys are honestly in the dark about the problem.. or trying to be deceptive, but it isnt the best look especially the line

"With its 12000Hz frequency response, 65dB signal-to-noise ratio, and -26dB sensitivity, it’s a clear winner for headset microphones."

https://www.facebook.com/asusaustral...423336/?type=3
    Oh don't worry, they are fully aware of the product being, defective but you see there is no oversight for creating substandard electronics with blatant failures. A rich politician's son will never be killed in a faulty headphone incident and therefor your money will continue to disappear to sharkish companies mascaraing as a champion of the common people whilst they collect on your need to consume. They couldn't care less that an entire product line is a disaster in terms of how it affects you. All they care about is retaining profits and market reputation. Even in their moderator's attempts to quell our discontent they have said phrases like "mutually beneficial solution." Why should any solution to this problem they have created be beneficial to them? They already stole your capital and now they what to role out post-sale fixes to keep as much of it as possible. Don't ever forget that this "Republic of Gamers" is just a branding and advertising attempt to garner your affection and trust in the same desperate ways Wendy's tries to by getting into Twitter wars with other food suppliers. You are just demographic of consumer. They are still ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonparras@gmail.com View Post
    Oh don't worry, they are fully aware of the product being, defective but you see there is no oversight for creating substandard electronics with blatant failures. A rich politician's son will never be killed in a faulty headphone incident and therefor your money will continue to disappear to sharkish companies mascaraing as a champion of the common people whilst they collect on your need to consume. They couldn't care less that an entire product line is a disaster in terms of how it affects you. All they care about is retaining profits and market reputation. Even in their moderator's attempts to quell our discontent they have said phrases like "mutually beneficial solution." Why should any solution to this problem they have created be beneficial to them? They already stole your capital and now they what to role out post-sale fixes to keep as much of it as possible. Don't ever forget that this "Republic of Gamers" is just a branding and advertising attempt to garner your affection and trust in the same desperate ways Wendy's tries to by getting into Twitter wars with other food suppliers. You are just demographic of consumer. They are still ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
    Just bought an 'MSI' GTX 1070 Quick Silver. Just sayin' like.[emoji6] I need to know that if something goes wrong or doesn't work as it should, those responsible will put things right.

ROG Enthusiast Array TWP-WOLF PC Specs
    TWP-WOLF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo ThinkPad T400 LapTop & Docking Station
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4930K 3,4GHz LGA-2011 Ivy Bridge-E
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 2400MHz (PC3-19200)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 Ti 20TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD EDITION PLATINUM
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX 980 Ti 20TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD EDITION PLATINUM
    Sound CardASUS ROG On-Board SupremeFX Black 8-Channel High Definition Audio
    MonitorSAMSUNG S34E790C 34-Inch 21:9 3440x1440 VA-Panel Ultra-Wide WQHD WLED-Lit Curved Screen Monitor
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB SSD 3D V-NAD (MZ-7KE1T0BW)
    Storage #2WD VelociRaptor 1TB 64MB Cache 10,000RPM SATA-III
    CPU CoolerFractal Design Kelvin S36 Highly Expandable AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 900D HPTX Super Tower Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital 80 Plus Titanium 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Experience I-2 Pro Gaming Black Glass Surface MousePad
    Headset/Speakers ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Edition x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U High Performance Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
    Accessory #1 Corsair Dominator Platinum Light Bar Upgrade Kit
    Accessory #2 Corsair Professional Series Individually Sleeved Modular Red Cable Kit
    Accessory #3 ProlimaTech PK-3 Nano Aluminum Premium High-Grade Thermal Compound

Dear Bahz.

With all respect to ASUSTek company integrity, I wonder if ASUSTek will come out with a second generation ASUS ROG Centurion Headset with a better microphone?

If so, I will require a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) of the company I bought mine from in return of a new ASUS ROG Centurion Headset.

If possible , please let me know.

Sincerely, The Swedish Old-Timer WOLF.

The WOLF is Neither People's Competitor Nor His Enemy.
    The WOLF is a Fellow Creature With Whom The Earth Must Be Shared.

ROG Member Array

Eh...

It is demonstrably unlikely that a company will completely redesign a product within a reasonable amount of time and then offer consumers of the previous generation a free voucher for said second generation product. Here are some things you would need to consider about that proposition:

• The time it would take to actually create a new product would be absurd.
    • Asus doesn't actually design or manufacture the headset in-house as revealed and admitted in the time delay for a response to the microphone issue, they have to contract a third party.
    • Asus would likely not want to award a subsequent contract again to the same third-party that created a sub-par product that marred their reputation. They would need to outsource anew.
    • Asus would have to approve the voucher for the new product to EVERY purchaser of the old product due to EVERY unit having the microphone defect.
    • Asus would have to publicly admit that their quality control was so poor, they sanctioned the creation of a "premium" product that was so embarrassingly flawed they were forced to redesign it completely and offer an apology which would bring into question ever other product they have ever produced that has had the slightest issue.

As you can see, the profitability and public relations nightmares this creates would likely come up in a meeting and certainly steer any Jaguar toting executives away from even considering it. An intern would probably be fired for suggesting it. The reality is, peripheral quality control issues aren't even a blip on Asus' radar. They are far more concerned with creating and marketing motherboards and GPUs utilizing AMDs and Intel's new architecture to capitalize on the competition between these two titans and earn more of that lucrative market share. Instead, if you aren't instructed to grab your Ryobi and to begin plumbing holes yourself, you will likely be offered a "refurbished" unit that will more than likely be mine or some other poor sap's headset with a few extra microphone holes drilled into it, probably by the same outfit that created the first batch at zero cost to AsusTek. And in a years time, you'll rebuild your rig and buy an Asus MoBo because hundreds of reviews will confirm that they use the highest quality and have industry leading specifications. Wheel keeps spinning baby!
    Last edited by Jasonparras@gmail.com; 07-10-2017 at 01:59 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array TWP-WOLF PC Specs
    TWP-WOLF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo ThinkPad T400 LapTop & Docking Station
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4930K 3,4GHz LGA-2011 Ivy Bridge-E
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 2400MHz (PC3-19200)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 Ti 20TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD EDITION PLATINUM
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GTX 980 Ti 20TH ANNIVERSARY GOLD EDITION PLATINUM
    Sound CardASUS ROG On-Board SupremeFX Black 8-Channel High Definition Audio
    MonitorSAMSUNG S34E790C 34-Inch 21:9 3440x1440 VA-Panel Ultra-Wide WQHD WLED-Lit Curved Screen Monitor
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB SSD 3D V-NAD (MZ-7KE1T0BW)
    Storage #2WD VelociRaptor 1TB 64MB Cache 10,000RPM SATA-III
    CPU CoolerFractal Design Kelvin S36 Highly Expandable AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 900D HPTX Super Tower Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital 80 Plus Titanium 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Experience I-2 Pro Gaming Black Glass Surface MousePad
    Headset/Speakers ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Edition x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U High Performance Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
    Accessory #1 Corsair Dominator Platinum Light Bar Upgrade Kit
    Accessory #2 Corsair Professional Series Individually Sleeved Modular Red Cable Kit
    Accessory #3 ProlimaTech PK-3 Nano Aluminum Premium High-Grade Thermal Compound

Thank you Jasonparras for your information, but I'm 63 years old experienced man who making my own decisions since I was 16.

Regarding if I'm going to rebuild my computer, that will never happen, for sure.

To make a long story short, I'm NOT a ASUSTek / ASUS ROG customer any more. That time is history.

Thank You!

The WOLF is Neither People's Competitor Nor His Enemy.
    The WOLF is a Fellow Creature With Whom The Earth Must Be Shared.

Quote Originally Posted by TWP-WOLF View Post
    Thank you Jasonparras for your information, but I'm 63 years old experienced man who making my own decisions since I was 16.

Regarding if I'm going to rebuild my computer, that will never happen, for sure.

To make a long story short, I'm NOT a ASUSTek / ASUS ROG customer any more. That time is history.

Thank You!
    Jasonparras I think you missed his point. People who buy headsets also buy motherboards and GPUs etc. There are plenty of alternatives which are comparable in price and specification. Asus failing on one product will cause people to question where they buy their next component or peripheral. I've just gone with an MSI GPU. My last one was EVGA which I bought purely because of their fantastic reputation for customer care.
    It matters to a lot of people.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast