Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Keep under 1.2 VCCSA 1.1 is fine...just bump to 1.0v and then 1.05.....1.1...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Keep under 1.2 VCCSA 1.1 is fine...just bump to 1.0v and then 1.05.....1.1...
    I just did. It's been less stable these past couple of days that I've messed with the voltages than before where I had just set Rampage Tweak to Mode 1.

We'll see how this pans out. If not, I'll simply stick to Mode 1 and live with the disappointment. Why allow a Motherboard/CPU combo to support a memory configuration that's not stable without at least stating as much?

Cheers...

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi autoturk

Sorry I had Haswell in my post but we're talking Haswell E X99...different platform...
    1.3 VCCSA on that platform is at the high end of safe I think...though too much can be as bad as not enough sometimes

Maybe start a new thread?
    Thank you! I'll go ahead and start a new thread.

ROG Enthusiast Array

After a few relapses, I've noticed that the LED display shows "E1" which according to the manual corresponds to "S3 Boot Script execution" ... I wonder if there's a means for debugging what instruction it's hanging on...

Also, there's a blinking yellow light right by the LED, from the PCI Express I think... I'm afraid I didn't check to see which slot it was. I have a 1080 TI on PCIE_X16_1, NVME drives on both PCIE_X16/X8_3 and PCIE_X8_4, with a PCIE x1 sound card (old but gold SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty) on PCIE_X4_1. I'll be more mindful the next time it happens to identify which device might be causing issues. At this point, my money is on the sound card since it's the older device.

Cheers!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok so I had another episode, and I've identified the PCI-E slot that's blinking: it's #4 (PCIE_X8_4), and it has an NVME drive on it. Perhaps the PCIE bus needs a voltage boost? I already have a molex power cable connected to the EZ_PLUG terminal even though I only have one graphics card (I figured it'd be prudent).

It would appear the NVME drive is either having trouble waking from S3 Sleep, or the motherboard is having trouble waking the PCIE bus up fully... Any ideas?

Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHumper View Post
    After a few relapses, I've noticed that the LED display shows "E1" which according to the manual corresponds to "S3 Boot Script execution" ... I wonder if there's a means for debugging what instruction it's hanging on...

Also, there's a blinking yellow light right by the LED, from the PCI Express I think... I'm afraid I didn't check to see which slot it was. I have a 1080 TI on PCIE_X16_1, NVME drives on both PCIE_X16/X8_3 and PCIE_X8_4, with a PCIE x1 sound card (old but gold SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty) on PCIE_X4_1. I'll be more mindful the next time it happens to identify which device might be causing issues. At this point, my money is on the sound card since it's the older device.

Cheers!
    When you see the E1 code, how did you wake the computer? *By moving the mouse or kitting a key? *If so, try this the next time. *Wake up your computer and when everything starts up but you get a black screen, just wait. *Make yourself a sandwich, grab a drink but just wait it out. *I suspect it’ll eventually resume and load into Windows. *Give it a good 15-30 minutes before you think of doing a hard reset or power off. *If my hunch is correct, it should boot into Windows well before the 15 minute mark. *

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by badmojout View Post
    When you see the E1 code, how did you wake the computer? *By moving the mouse or kitting a key? *If so, try this the next time. *Wake up your computer and when everything starts up but you get a black screen, just wait. *Make yourself a sandwich, grab a drink but just wait it out. *I suspect it’ll eventually resume and load into Windows. *Give it a good 15-30 minutes before you think of doing a hard reset or power off. *If my hunch is correct, it should boot into Windows well before the 15 minute mark. *
    Well... first off: it happens regardless of whether I wake it up via keyboard, mouse, or power button.

Second, the reason I use suspend is precisely so I don't have to wait "too long" to get the computer back up from "shutdown" (i.e. cut down on power consumption, while also cutting down on booting delays).

Waiting longer than 1 minute for the box to come back up from suspend is a waste of time - I'm better off just rebooting at that point.

So thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks

I'm hoping someone will chime in and suggest a BIOS voltage tweak that might do the trick (Arne? You still there? ).

Cheers!

Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHumper View Post
    Arne? You still there?
    Sort of ...sorry..seem to have missed some posts...

Waking from sleep problems are often RAM related so my first thought is more of the same...either relax timings or bump voltage(s) a bit

If the RAM is unstable and you are getting BSODs or having to hard reset you might also run into OS corruption which feeds back to greater instability

Maybe run "sfc /scannow" in cmd as admin to check OS is OK

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sort of ...sorry..seem to have missed some posts...

Waking from sleep problems are often RAM related so my first thought is more of the same...either relax timings or bump voltage(s) a bit

If the RAM is unstable and you are getting BSODs or having to hard reset you might also run into OS corruption which feeds back to greater instability

Maybe run "sfc /scannow" in cmd as admin to check OS is OK
    A few points: the timings are already relaxed and the voltages are already high (1.1v for VCCSA, 1.37v for DRAM, etc... the DRAM says it's meant to work with 1.35 so I'm reluctant to go much higher than that). Also, I'm not running windows so O/S corruption isn't in play (or, at least, shouldn't be). The box has so much RAM that swapfiles are off on all O/S instances, so that's another variable off the table.

It catches my eye that it's the same device every time. Perhaps there's a way to increase the voltage for the SouthBridge (?) or PCI-e bus to give those devices a boost when resuming from S3? Which settings should I look at for that?

Thanks!

Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?

1.1 is not high for VCCSA...I would set this to 1.2 and see if things stabilise...you can always work down from there...

I'd investigate VCCSA before VCCIO for example....even 1.25 for experiment's sake

I don't have experience with any OS other than windows so if what you are seeing is some driver/device conflict etc. I cant really help on that.
    Last edited by Arne Saknussemm; 02-02-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast