cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENE realy slow booting since Bios Update

maijinace
Level 7
hi guys.

the story in short: i updatet my bios from 1902 to 3007 directly without 2202. after that my pc didnt start 😞 i fount out that i need to take out my WLAN Card from PCI Slot, after 1st reboot i could reboot it also with WLAN CARD. But i have the problem when i power on my pc it takes like more than 10 sec. to the booting screen of the Motherboard (that one with Asus ROG logo) from there its normal, but i dont know why it takes more than 10 sec. its realy anoying. 😞

i also could NOT flash back to older bios version. lastweekend i updated to the new 3201 but didnt not help.

Here a list what i tryed:

starting without any hardware in PCI Slot (WLAN and GPU)
starting with only one RAM Stick
Taking of the battary from motherboard for more than 1 min. also did the CLRTC jumper
CSM (Compatibility Support Module) disabled and reanabled.

i took a video of the booting process:
https://youtu.be/BHNQpyvivTw
The QCode 01 is taking to long...

Here are also my BIOS Setting.
https://youtu.be/uKUvUoOyFhA

Sorry for bad quality. if you need it in better to help i will take real camera.
Please i hope you can help me. I was so proud about my pc becouse it took only 5 sec to log in windows, now it take a whole minute.

My System: SCREEN: LG Electronics 24GM77-B (1080p, 144 Hz); CPU: Intel Skylake i7 6700K + Noctua NH-U12S; GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium; MB: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene; RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2666; PSU: Bequiet P10500W CM; SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi maijinace

You can revert to bios 1902 using the bios flashback feature.

no it doesnt work. i tried it. will not boot. even not in Bios. also without PCI Cards in it. that was the first think what i tryied.

Nate152
Are you performing the bios flashback procedure correctly?

1) Grab a usb flash drive, preferably with nothing on it.
2) Format the usb flash drive to FAT32.
3) Download bios 1902 from the Asus support center.
4) Extract the bios file to the usb flash drive.
5) Rename the bios file to M8G.CAP
6) Insert the usb flash drive into the ROG connect port.
7) Press and hold the bios flashback button until it starts to flash then release, it should take about 90 seconds. When flashing stops the bios update has completed.
😎 Start your pc.

Here is a guide you can follow.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

vstar
Level 7
maijinace wrote:
hi guys.

the story in short: i updatet my bios from 1902 to 3007 directly without 2202. after that my pc didnt start 😞 i fount out that i need to take out my WLAN Card from PCI Slot, after 1st reboot i could reboot it also with WLAN CARD. But i have the problem when i power on my pc it takes like more than 10 sec. to the booting screen of the Motherboard (that one with Asus ROG logo) from there its normal, but i dont know why it takes more than 10 sec. its realy anoying. 😞

i also could NOT flash back to older bios version. lastweekend i updated to the new 3201 but didnt not help.

Here a list what i tryed:

starting without any hardware in PCI Slot (WLAN and GPU)
starting with only one RAM Stick
Taking of the battary from motherboard for more than 1 min. also did the CLRTC jumper
CSM (Compatibility Support Module) disabled and reanabled.

i took a video of the booting process:
https://youtu.be/BHNQpyvivTw
The QCode 01 is taking to long...

Here are also my BIOS Setting.
https://youtu.be/uKUvUoOyFhA

Sorry for bad quality. if you need it in better to help i will take real camera.
Please i hope you can help me. I was so proud about my pc becouse it took only 5 sec to log in windows, now it take a whole minute.

My System: SCREEN: LG Electronics 24GM77-B (1080p, 144 Hz); CPU: Intel Skylake i7 6700K + Noctua NH-U12S; GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium; MB: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene; RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2666; PSU: Bequiet P10500W CM; SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB

My MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA is also slow booting after I update BIOS to 3201, the post code stays at "01" for a long time when start up PC, same as your situation.

Also I notice the "ME Version" shows "0.0.0.0" in BIOS, I wonder if your BIOS shows the same. And "Intel Management Engine Interface" despaired from Device Manager. So I did try to re-install the latest "Intel Management Engine Interface", it won't let me install(After the BIOS update to 3201).

I tried USB-FLASHBACK(without boot PC) and the EZ Flash 3(in BIOS) to flash back to 2202. 1.After USB-FLASHBACK, PC went in post loop, not able to get in BIOS interface. 2. The EZ Flash 3 in BIOS not allow me to flash BIOS 2202 BIOS.

vstar wrote:
My MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA is also slow booting after I update BIOS to 3201, the post code stays at "01" for a long time when start up PC, same as your situation.

Also I notice the "ME Version" shows "0.0.0.0" in BIOS, I wonder if your BIOS shows the same. And "Intel Management Engine Interface" despaired from Device Manager. So I did try to re-install the latest "Intel Management Engine Interface", it won't let me install(After the BIOS update to 3201).

I tried USB-FLASHBACK(without boot PC) and the EZ Flash 3(in BIOS) to flash back to 2202. 1.After USB-FLASHBACK, PC went in post loop, not able to get in BIOS interface. 2. The EZ Flash 3 in BIOS not allow me to flash BIOS 2202 BIOS.

its exactly the same what i have. and its the same problem what i have when i do flashback!

when i am home i will look for the ME version and Intel management Engine Interface.

if you find a soulution to your problem pls tell me 🙂

maijinace wrote:
its exactly the same what i have. and its the same problem what i have when i do flashback!

when i am home i will look for the ME version and Intel management Engine Interface.

if you find a soulution to your problem pls tell me 🙂

Hi, did you have a chance to check your ME FW version in BIOS[Main page] and Intel management Engine Interface in Device Manager?

vstar wrote:
Hi, did you have a chance to check your ME FW version in BIOS[Main page] and Intel management Engine Interface in Device Manager?

oh i am really sorry, i forgot it. When i am home at the evening i will chek this up 🙂

maijinace wrote:
oh i am really sorry, i forgot it. When i am home at the evening i will chek this up 🙂

intel management device is their. in bios i will look later.

maijinace wrote:
intel management device is their. in bios i will look later.

I was wondering does the IMEI missing from Device Manager and/or ME FW version showing 0.0.0.0 in BIOS caused the POST CODE 01 delay.
Since you somehow fixed your POST CODE 01 delay, I think the IMEI/ME FW should show up correctly on your PC.