cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.9 or 5.0ghz. Which one?

Sniper_3001
Level 7
Ok so managed to hit 4.9 GHz on auto voltages and no other tweaks. I was also able to hit 5 GHz at 1.49v with no other tweaks. So my question is: which of these two setups would you guys run and why? (Stress tested both setups over 4 hours).

*P.S. in my previous post I said my ddr4 4266 was running at 4133mhz but in fact it was running at 2000mhz (1000x2). Not sure how I can achieve a higher speed then that. Plus the board won't post when I select the frequency. Only auto seems to work
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Sniper_3001

What cpu and motherboard do you have ?

What are cpu temps ?

What ram kit do you have ?

You'll likely need to adjust VCCSA and VCCIO voltages for 4133MHz ram.

You can fill out your system specs by clicking the head in the white circle at the top right of the forum page, click inbox then on the left under " My Settings " click " Edit Profile ".

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What temps does 1.49v give on a H115i over 4 hours? :eek:

Setting the core frequency that high on Auto voltage is a bad idea. What are your current temperatures and how high is your current Vcore? I am interested to know.

Hey guys sorry for the delay. Was away for awhile. Here is what I've got

5.0 GHz -> 1.49 volts - 4hours of RealBench 0 errors - 85-89 degrees celius

4.9 GHz -> 1.36 volts - 4hours of RealBench 0 errors - 74-85 degrees celius

I haven't run stock just yet. Anyways what do you guys think? Is that too high of temps/too high of voltage?

I'd probably run the 4.9GHz one as it has slightly more safety net in terms of temps. Also, may help to improve the lifespan of your CPU, due to it hitting lower temps most of the time. But that's just me.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That's a no-brainer for me 4.9 much nicer OC...and kinder to the CPU at virtually the same performance...

Menthol
Level 14
Quick binning a 7700K,
set F5 bios defaults, set manual vcore of 1.35 volts and multiplier to 50, use Intel XTU and see if it is stable, if so you can adjust multiplier and vcore in XTU to find the limit of your CPU before using RealBench to check for stability and fine tune
Good KB samples can run 5.0 at 1.3 volts

What memory kit do you have, if it is the new 4226 kit, XMP raises the blck from 100 to 103+, try setting XMP, then lower blck back to 100 and set memory speed to 3600 and see if it posts, if so you can try raising it to 3773 or 3886 or 4133 or lower timings to other Gskill kits of the speed it runs at, IO and SA voltages seem pretty good on auto compared to Z-170 boards but may need some tuning

Menthol wrote:
Quick binning a 7700K,
set F5 bios defaults, set manual vcore of 1.35 volts and multiplier to 50, use Intel XTU and see if it is stable, if so you can adjust multiplier and vcore in XTU to find the limit of your CPU before using RealBench to check for stability and fine tune
Good KB samples can run 5.0 at 1.3 volts

What memory kit do you have, if it is the new 4226 kit, XMP raises the blck from 100 to 103+, try setting XMP, then lower blck back to 100 and set memory speed to 3600 and see if it posts, if so you can try raising it to 3773 or 3886 or 4133 or lower timings to other Gskill kits of the speed it runs at, IO and SA voltages seem pretty good on auto compared to Z-170 boards but may need some tuning

Thx for the advice. I will try this later tonight. So basically go into bios, set everything to default *and load up windows. I tried running intel xtu but for some reason it says 'another tuning software was detected. Please shut down the tuning software'. I'm assuming they mean Asus AI? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyone else have the same problem?