Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 tip

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
7 REPLIES 7

grassy
Level 12
Awesome Arne just seen it.I will be on to this straight away.I hate all the annoying ads and it seems that there is so much of it going on nowadays especially with ipad apps.These companies can't seem to leave people well alone and are making people work to find a way around it on there computers and tablets.Always pushing to sell something and keep reminding you that they are there, just to keep some guy walking around in a suit and tie in a job when half off them have not lifted anymore than a pencil in there entire life.Good post Arne and thanks for the link mate.Very useful.Articles like this should be stuck up on the forum for all to see.Oh and they are selling apps now to stop the adds on apps on our iPads and phones.Pff it's a vicious circle.Like I have said before "You cannot put money on knowledge".
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

xeromist
Maybe I missed it in those tips but another thing that helps is using a local account. No need to use a Microsoft account to log into a local machine. That way no behavioral data is tied to an MS account.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

grassy wrote:
I will be on to this straight away

I have disabled most things but found others to shut down after going over that page...useful for sure...glad it helps!

xeromist wrote:
No need to use a Microsoft account to log into a local machine

Yep fundamental too...never associated an account here ...but have had game advert icons appear in start menu...I nearly chucked the PC out the window..livid 😮

grassy
Level 12
Thanks for that xeromist it's good to know mate.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

I use O&O ShutUp10 with Classic Start Menu. ShutUp10 works well to have all the policies you want to manipulate in one easy program, and Classic Start Menu is pretty self explanatory.

Windows 10 ads are just so pervasive and annoying that I always make sure to disable most, if not, all of them. I disable them using registry hacks and menus, but I do not use programs that do it for me because I've had a bad experience with them in the past.