cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Ranger vii _ Q-Fan tool...

Fernandito
Level 7
Well this q-fan thing..., already driving me mad in order to have it maintain min rpm (240rpm) while in windows.

My CPU fan is a cooler master v8 gts, which min rpm cycle is sets around 240rpm, and maximum at around 1600rpm.

I have an asus ranger vii mobo.

In Bios, fan control, I first use the q-fan tool to have it calibrate the minimum rpm duty cycle (240rpm) so the bios recognizes this value and thus applies it later on windows, and then proceed to configure the rest of the options (auto; minimum duty fan alarm set to ignore, etc, and the set each duty cycle per temeprature factor).

Once this is done, (mini duty i set equals that until my cpu doesn't reach 38ºc, then the cpu fan still has to be at min duty cycle = 240rpm), then I set:

- CPU Q-fan control = auto (auto enables q-fan for 4 pin cpu fan connectors). PWM is supposed to disable q-fan, although I've also tried and nothing
- CPU Fan Speed Power limit = ignore
- CPU Fan Profile = manual = min cpu temp/ duty cycle fan = 38ºC/20% fan speed; medium cpu temp..., etc
- All chasis fans set to disable (I have a rehobus for chasis fan control)

Bios fan monitoring continues to show me that the current speed of CPU fan is 240rpm (good)

I load windows, check cpu fan speed with HWINFO, and it says 849rpm. Then returns to BIOS, and indeed the cpu fan speed has upped to 840 now

Have also tried little tweaking with this q-fan thing in bios (set it to PWM mode after also using the q-fan tuner; etc), and no way to keep the minimum fan duty cycle of 20% at 240 rpm. Once in Windows, it always marks 840rpm.

However, configuring all of this through the AI suite software works for the min rpm, after calibrating the cpu in wondows. It maintains the mini cycle duty at 240rpm, not 840.

Problem is I obviously don't want to use ****ing software to control these things other than the bios software itself, cause I know things might happen... you know as well right?.

Ok Asus staff. I have come to the conclusion that this q-fan bios tuning is bugged, or broken directly. Either that or not totally compatible with my cpu fan. However, the AI suite software tells me otherwise.

The problem is then..., where?

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

Fernandito
Level 7
No help, anyone?. Really?