cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS wont charge after power outage

hectorbastida
Level 7
Hi guys :c there was a tiny power outage(lucky me right?) and I was working late, my laptop doesn't charge any more with the charger, what should I do? everything seems fine with the laptop it just wont charge :'(

I also had my MacBook pro connected but it seems the mac is ok, so guys please help me :c
3 REPLIES 3

nytwolf45
Level 8
hectorbastida wrote:
Hi guys :c there was a tiny power outage(lucky me right?) and I was working late, my laptop doesn't charge any more with the charger, what should I do? everything seems fine with the laptop it just wont charge :'(

I also had my MacBook pro connected but it seems the mac is ok, so guys please help me :c

Are you sure its not charging? There's an on going issue with the GL502 wherein we're not charging under load and GPU is heating up bad. Try charging while its off.

nytwolf45 wrote:
Are you sure its not charging? There's an on going issue with the GL502 wherein we're not charging under load and GPU is heating up bad. Try charging while its off.

Yeah pretty sure, it actually doesn't charge, the LED doesn't go on. The issue of charging while playing is also an issue my machine has but now it's not charging at all, could it be the ac adapter? or the battery?

If the LED isn't coming on that it could be the power adapter so if you have a multi tester and know how to use it check for DC voltage out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw52SsP88cU will show you how. The center on these adapter is + positive and the voltage out is 19.5V. If you don't have a tester than bring power supply into a computer shop and they should be able to test it for you.