New Bios 0801 Released

d5aqoep
Level 8
So far only released for IX Hero.

Bios v 0801
For IX Hero Download here
MAXIMUS IX HERO BIOS 0801
1.Improved PS2 devices/VGA card compatibility
2.Modified OA key function in legacy OS.
3.Improved System Performance.
4.Fixed overclocking profile naming issue.
5.Modified Thermal Control function.
37 REPLIES 37

This is so weird.

I can see the new BIOS on ASUS' homepage from my iPhone, but not om my computer.
So I just send it from my phone to my mail and updated via the BIOS button on my Hero, but I'm curious.

How the hell? The diffence is that I'm on my Wifi on my computer and on 4G on my phone.

Is this identical to the beta BIOS posted earlier?

HeavyK wrote:
This is so weird.

I can see the new BIOS on ASUS' homepage from my iPhone, but not om my computer.
So I just send it from my phone to my mail and updated via the BIOS button on my Hero, but I'm curious.

How the hell? The diffence is that I'm on my Wifi on my computer and on 4G on my phone.

I too cannot see it on my desktop or my home network.

:cool: Perfect timing :cool:

HeavyK wrote:
This is so weird.

Your wifi uses your ISP (Internet Service Provider) which is using proxy which is not real time up to date. Your 4G ISP doesn’t use proxy. One of the reasons ISP’s using proxy is to give you a faster page load. Unfortunately it is less up-to-date.

Amsterdam wrote:
Your wifi uses your ISP (Internet Service Provider) which is using proxy which is not real time up to date. Your 4G ISP doesn’t use proxy. One of the reasons ISP’s using proxy is to give you a faster page load. Unfortunately it is less up-to-date.

Sound answer, thanks!

Is this BIOS only for ROG series, or will all Z270 boards get it?

I really wish Asus would give just a little bit more info about the changes. In particular:

3.Improved System Performance. - What aspect of system performance has been improved?
5.Modified Thermal Control function. - Have the underlying thermal control algorithms been changed? Does this mean that if one has overclocked the system that stability tests would need to be repeated to ensure that the new thermal control function doesn't lead to higher CPU temperatures?