Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia To Release GTX 1080 Ti

panzlock
Level 12
121 REPLIES 121

damianme
Level 7
Nvidia knows how to milk people.xD But, the initial (or rumored) specs seem promising. Is there an SRP already for this card?

panzlock
Level 12
Again, probably why they are releasing it before Vega drops. Get some sales in before the hyped AMD product begins eroding profits.

The card has not been announced yet so no official SRP. Expect the price to slot between the GTX 1080 and Titan XP.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

MSRP for the 1080ti is $699 usd as per the live event that just ended. *Also, it will be available next week.

Question now is when will we see an Asus ROG Strix version?*

That price is very nice tbh, i was expecting 799-899 range and worse specs, now i am tempted.
I have bought the Asus Strix GTX 1080 O8G just a month ago and now Ti is released.

I talked with the shop i bought it, normally they cut 20% if a product is returned after 14days but since i bought it very recently and with the condition that i will buy the 1080Ti from them they will just cut 10%. Only problem is waiting for the Asus version as i dont want the founders edition. I wont have a GPU within that period but for 35% increase its well worth it.

I am happy with 1080, works flawlessly (except the RGB cant be set to white, its always some color close but never white) if i had a standart monitor i would not consider upgrading but since i have a PG348 i can use the extra performance for those extra pixels.

I have 2 questions;

1) When will Asus release their own ROG version? (will go asus since everything else in my PC is asus and i love the RGB sync)
2) There will be different Asus versions immediately? Like GTX1080Ti A8G, GTX 1080Ti O8G etc all at the same time.. or they release them step by step?

Nate152
Hi starsailor

Welcome to the ROG forum !

To answer both of your questions is kind of hard because the 1080 Ti hasn't been released yet but if it goes like the 1080 expect the founders edition first which is a blower style gpu then after a couple months expect the ROG gpu's. This is just speculation though, it would be nice to see the ROG gpu's out of the gate. 🙂

Hi Nate152!

Even i am new member i have been reading the forums for a long time now and your posts has always been a joy to read! Thank you for welcome 🙂

I know about the usual release pattern as FE first, then custom PCB overclocked, hybrid cooling etc stuff from different brands but the comment on reddit made me think that might not be the case with this card;

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/5wtd4f/introducing_the_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_the_worlds/decwg...

I am asking about different Asus versions because i will get the O8G equilavent but if Asus relase different GTX1080Ti versions gradually the top model will be released last, then it means more waiting for me, also note since i am living in Turkey add 1 to 2 months to the actual release date before it becomes available here.

I am just wishfully thinking that they will be released sooner so i spend less time without a GPU 🙂

Fingers crossed!

That reddit post references*http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti

which states
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards, including the NVIDIA Founders Edition, will be available worldwide — across 238 countries and territories — from NVIDIA GeForce partners, including ASUS, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, iGame, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac, starting March 10th at 10am. Prices, including those for the NVIDIA Founders Edition, start at $699. Pre-orders on the NVIDIA webstore begin March 2nd at 8am PT.

Is Asus ready to drop a card by then?*

lufiron wrote:

Is Asus ready to drop a card by then?*

Pre-orders, maybe. Unless Nvidia has been quietly working with AIB vendors to ensure a timely release in order to garner sales before Vega arrives on the scene.

panzlock
Level 12
1080 Ti better than Titan XP at $699 MSRP. This is why you never buy the top product in the high end segment.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gtx-1080-ti-specs-performance-price-release-date