cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702vm Major touchpad Issue

WolfN
Level 7
I have a GL702vm PC with a major touchpad issue. It started off with the right click not working after every restart, but I fixed that problem. My new problem is two finger scrolling on my PC. Sometimes when I try to scroll on the touchpad, it does register and I just move my cursor up. Other times the scroll bar on the screen resets to the top for no reason, and sometimes the cursor even glitches due to the scrolling and the cursor moves off in a crazy direction. I have reseted my PC and uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers. What else can I do to solve this problem.
7 REPLIES 7

Taker
Level 7
I have the same problem with scrolling on a GL753VD, touchpad scrolling is unusable. I think it's driver related. I see on the forums that more and more people are starting to buy these laptops (GL702, GL753) and they don't have a clue what they are buying. So more and more threads are starting with issues with no reply from ASUS guys or reply is > RMA. They don't give a f@ck about the user. My first and last ASUS laptop, going back to what I'm used to.

same here, the elan1200 touchpad is i2c based not ps2, the drivers are provided by asus, theres no elan drivers that will work with this vendor-device id. i think its a hardware issue as mine goes nuts every 10 mins, goes un responsive and delayed its like it dies for a moment and comes back, im going to send it back if its not sorted soon.
this issue is repeatable in linux and mac os and windows 10 so i doubt its a driver, i too recieved my brand new laptop with no right click, had to spend days looking for a driver that was from elan to no avail
they really need to update the bios on this laptop! its a JOKE!

ps did anyone else have issues with the space bar? mine came off and kept getting jammed on something

This issue has NOT been solved to this day, ASUS !

I have the GL702VS which is almost the same laptop, and i also have experienced HORRIBLE and i repeat, HORRIBLE support from ASUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I did however fix the problem on my own. The issue is that the drivers do not support Windows 10 completely. You have to install JUST the anniversary update and defer ALL future updates until ASUS decides to get its **** straight! I was forced to download a old pirated copy of Windows 10 Home 1607 and then use my OEM windows key, and immediately use a metered connection so that windows didn't start updating on it's own.

The issue is now gone, but Asus's disrespectful attitude towards clients is still here.

TL;DR: Reinstall Windows 10 with an earlier build, install JUST the anniversary update and defer all future updates. First update the build (make sure defer updates is checked) and then install ASUS drivers.

DentoNeh
Level 7
Ok lol, i think i just have solved major LAG issue for me. Touchpad went crazy some time ago, dunno exactly when... i havent' been using it for a while, since desktop was my friend.
So, i have latest Win10, touchpad going completely OFF sometimes, sometimes doing crazy stuff like random clicks, crazy scroll etc.
I just did install some PTP driver guy mentioned on other forum, then reboot, then reinstalled touchpad driver again manually using driver from PTP folder, reboot... and it works!!!
Simple and charm.
https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/asus-rog752vs-touchpad-issue.407107/post-1773840

I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and many other forums found using google to no avail. Finally I opted to uninstall all the drivers related to the touchpad including the Asus Gesture software. Basically I was just using the basic windows driver for TouchPad, then I went to the ROG G752VS drivers download page and downloaded the driver for the TouchPad and installed it. Here is the direct link just in case you don't feel like looking any further: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/TouchPad/Touchpad_ASUS_Win10_64_VER1101002.zip?_...

Once the driver was installed, I went to the Device Manager screen (Press Windows Key + X and select it) then expand the Human Interface Devices and right-click either the ASUS Precision TouchPad or HID-compliant touch pad driver and select Update Driver Software... click on Browse my computer for driver software then click on the browse button and look for (or copy paste this location) C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS PTP Driver\win10\AsusTPDrv\x64\Elan_Focal_PTP, select the driver from that folder and you will be good to go!

Either way, if it worked for you, let me know! I haven't had a problem with my TouchPad and all the multi gesture features ever since I did this. And you don't need to use the Smart Gesture software to have the gestures work, it is a feature already available in Windows 10.

Good Luck!

I bought a GL531GU laptop and have the same problem. Sometimes I have that lag witch the touchpad. I realle hopes that Asus fix this as soon as possible.

DentoNeh wrote:
Ok lol, i think i just have solved major LAG issue for me. Touchpad went crazy some time ago, dunno exactly when... i havent' been using it for a while, since desktop was my friend.
So, i have latest Win10, touchpad going completely OFF sometimes, sometimes doing crazy stuff like random clicks, crazy scroll etc.
I just did install some PTP driver guy mentioned on other forum, then reboot, then reinstalled touchpad driver again manually using driver from PTP folder, reboot... and it works!!!
Simple and charm.
https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/asus-rog752vs-touchpad-issue.407107/post-1773840

Thanks to link you shared I clarified things in my head.
Elan touchpad drivers for windows 10 are glitchy as known(in linux and windows7 touchpad works perfect!).
Try latest Elan1200 drivers, it may solve problems.
Latest Elan Drivers

And change touchpad delay setting to "most sensitive" as shown in that thread:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touchpad-delay-after-windows-1...

There are other suggestions to install smart gesture or synaptics to solve lagging issue with touchpad.

This was my second, and definitely will be last asus laptop. On both laptops I had issues and Asus was silent to them, had to find out solutions by myself!