cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL502VM Win10 64bit randomly puts my computer to sleep with some games!

Opreax
Level 7
When I play some game like Deus Ex mankind Divided or Just Cause 3 it randomly puts my computer to sleep!
But doesnt happen when I play World Of Warcraft.
Temperature is under 80°.
Please help.
7 REPLIES 7

Opreax
Level 7
HELP PLEASE !
This crap took me 1350euro. I was using MSI laptop for 3 years AMD CPU AMD GPU with no problems!
I dont know why I dumbass switched on asus now im facing this primitive basic problem.
And what is this "republic" good for if nobody can help me?

UltimateKyo
Level 7
Hi,

I don't really faced this issue but I suppose you may try updating your graphic card drivers via Geforce experience and see if this issue still occurs.

I play JC3 and have not had any issues. Have you checked your power profiles in control panel?

Do you play with a controller? If you are, maybe the laptop does not see the input right and thinks it's idle. I don't know how my laptop shipped, but I always make sure my performance profile is set to not put my computer in any standby modes if its plugged in.

Other than that, check your cpu heat as well as I find JC3 runs my cpu >75% at all times.

thanks for replies.
power plan is high performance and have disabled hiberantion in all cases, cpu is ok, drivers are updated, no controller.

So, I barely fixed this problem: I play with with laptop lid opened and disabled laptop display (I forgot to say I play on external monitor through HDMI).

Opreax wrote:
thanks for replies.
power plan is high performance and have disabled hiberantion in all cases, cpu is ok, drivers are updated, no controller.

So, I barely fixed this problem: I play with with laptop lid opened and disabled laptop display (I forgot to say I play on external monitor through HDMI).

AH!! Yeah, this is the main issue. You can't close the lid of the laptop even if you connect to the external monitor. This behavior you are experiencing are exactly what I experienced every time I used my ROG G750JX for gaming with the lid close.

I believed the reason behind was that once the laptop lid are closed, the cooling mechanism weakens and thus leading your hardware to be heated till they exceed certain threshold and with the fail-safe mechanism kicked in, your laptop are just powered off instantly.

Workaround: Open lid while playing despite on external monitor

but they cant fix it ? I was gaming on MSI laptop with AMD CPU and AMD Radeon 8970M and it was ok
this problem seems to be trivial in my eyes

Sadly, this laptop runs hot, in perfect room conditions (cool and dry) I notice even with a cooling pad it runs just under it's thermal throttle threshold. Sometimes even exceeding it and throttling. The top of the key board area near the f10-12 key can get really hot, and I would not want that heat so close to my screen if the lid is closed.

They gave up a lot to make this thing so thin and light, I think to much. I really do like this laptop but it is not without issues. When I use a TV to game, I close the lid about halfway, it stops the screen from blocking the vents and preventing throttling.