cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g752vy black screen login problem

Dusang752vy
Level 7
Hello
I am having problems with my laptop, sometimes when I turn it on alter ROG logo nothing happens, the screen remains on ,but black, so I need to turn it off ( by holding power button) and then to turn it on again. The real issue is that this happens even when I left it in sleep mode with some software still on( I am using it for 3d), so in order to use it again I need to repeat this action , loosing all work progress... I talked already with asus support we tried couple of ways but nothing worked ( disabling IME driver, installing a new one... )
The second problem is that I hear randomly "tic" sound from woofer, and sometimes when I turn it on from the sleep mode I can't even use it, it produce very bad sound, and I need to switch on my headphones or the restart windows.
When I buy it ,it had original windows ( Italian version) I use it for 2 days and as far I can remember I haven't any problems. I needed to install English windows because it's the only version I can use...maybe it's the problem with Windows...?
If that's the problem I am gonna buy it.
Can somebody tell me what to do?
If I can't solve this I am gonna sale it and next time try some razer laptop.
4 REPLIES 4

Armesis
Level 10
The black screen is quite common for these laptops, it means the screen or DP cable is failing. There is no fix but to wait till it gets bad, then you can get it replaced under warranty. As for the popping sound, it is also standard for most ROG laptops. There is no official fix for it, you must manually edit system config files at your own risk. I also have the G752VY, and have had non stop software and hardware issues with it from day 1.

I have been here in these forums for months and there are hardly any fixes for existing problems, notice there are endless problems here but no fixes? Truly i say to you, if you can return it and get your money back, please do so and buy ANY other brand. I would do the same but in Malaysia where i am, there are no such things as returns of refunds (consumer rights dont exist in Asia), if there was i wouldnt be using my rog laptop now. All the best to you.

Armesis wrote:
The black screen is quite common for these laptops, it means the screen or DP cable is failing. There is no fix but to wait till it gets bad, then you can get it replaced under warranty. As for the popping sound, it is also standard for most ROG laptops. There is no official fix for it, you must manually edit system config files at your own risk. I also have the G752VY, and have had non stop software and hardware issues with it from day 1.

I have been here in these forums for months and there are hardly any fixes for existing problems, notice there are endless problems here but no fixes? Truly i say to you, if you can return it and get your money back, please do so and buy ANY other brand. I would do the same but in Malaysia where i am, there are no such things as returns of refunds (consumer rights dont exist in Asia), if there was i wouldnt be using my rog laptop now. All the best to you.

Ok,thanks for your reply.
All the best to you too.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Bravoexo
Level 7
With my G752VY (6700HQ, 980M 4Gb, 1080p@75hz Gsync) it's due to fast boot. I just turn it off.