cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Wireless Driver AC7265 will not uninstall very peculiar issue :(

kennyreid95
Level 8
Very strange no matter what I try this driver will not uninstall from device manager 😞 FYI I have Asus G551VW FY212T
my real name is kenneth matthew reid
10 REPLIES 10

JustinThyme
Level 13
Exactly what is it you are trying to accomplish?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:

What's so complicated to understand my question? Ok, I want to roll back wireless driver and I can't in device manager. The newest driver will not uninstall nor roll back 😞

JustinThyme wrote:

This forum website seems like it's dead 😞

kennyreid95 wrote:
This forum website seems like it's dead 😞

Basics of asking help 101:
-be polite.

That's it.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
Basics of asking help 101:
-be polite.

That's it.

Please do tell me how exactly I'm not being polite? It's really frustrating that this forum is slow to respond to questions.

kennyreid95 wrote:
Please do tell me how exactly I'm not being polite? It's really frustrating that this forum is slow to respond to questions.

ohhh by biting my head off for asking what you are trying to achieve so I could understand and help.

What you need to realize is this is a user forum. While there are a few ASUS folks poking their heads in here and there its just other users for the most part.

I have a solution but don't have the patience for impatience. :eek:

Try this

Open the Device Manager
Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.
Right-click the Intel® Wireless Adapter and select Properties.
Click Driver tab.
Click Uninstall.
Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have just tested the only G551VW (G551VW-FY167T) in my department here at ASUS Holland, and the issue is not present on that unit.

The likelihood is that it's a fault with your Windows Installation.

I do query why you need to rollback the driver though - I do not know of any issues with the current driver version.

kennyreid95
Level 8
If I can receive help to remove intel wireless driver completely I'd appreciate it.

chilinmichael
Level 10
As an IT professional, I can give you a few bits of advice here:

1. Try under another user profile on your PC to remove the driver
2. Make sure the user profile you are trying to remove/roll back the driver under has the proper administrator credentials to do so
3. Does anything else seem wrong on your PC other than your inability to uninstall this driver? You can run command prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow to have the system check for corrupt windows files and attempt a fix, if possible
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.