cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wondering why my Gladius moves so weird?

py930828
Level 7
I just had my Gladius today, and it really doesn't work as what I expect. The mouse isn't moving stably. I can't point the mouse to where I want to accurately, I heard it is using the same sensor as Razer Chroma, and I do have a Chroma; however, I feel like these are two difference mouses as like Chroma are way too accurate than Gladius. I have 1.01.19 version of software and 1.30 of firmware. I like this mouse so much that I don't want to switch to another one, however this problem really bothers me. I had a 10$ mouse for a while and I can't stand for the mouse drifting, that's why I get this mouse, surprisingly, Gladius still have the drifting problem.

Is there a way to fix it?
Thank you very much!!!!
6 REPLIES 6

XIIIIX
Level 7
py930828 wrote:
I just had my Gladius today, and it really doesn't work as what I expect. The mouse isn't moving stably. I can't point the mouse to where I want to accurately, I heard it is using the same sensor as Razer Chroma, and I do have a Chroma; however, I feel like these are two difference mouses as like Chroma are way too accurate than Gladius. I have 1.01.19 version of software and 1.30 of firmware. I like this mouse so much that I don't want to switch to another one, however this problem really bothers me. I had a 10$ mouse for a while and I can't stand for the mouse drifting, that's why I get this mouse, surprisingly, Gladius still have the drifting problem.

Is there a way to fix it?
Thank you very much!!!!

I assume you calibrated you`re mouse on the pad you`re using.
What DPI`s did you choose? Did you try different settings?
Have you tried another pad?
XII

XIIIIX wrote:
I assume you calibrated you`re mouse on the pad you`re using.
What DPI`s did you choose? Did you try different settings?
Have you tried another pad?

I tried both calibrated my mouse with or without on my pad, and it doesn't fix this issue. I have a rival 300 and I didn't do anything besides installing the driver, and it works perfect on my pad. The setting I am using now is 2000DPI, 0 angle snapping, 500 polling rate and without calibration.

If isn`t stable on both surfaces, and you've calibrated both times, it sounds like a mouse problem.
Better contact the store and opt for a swap or RMA
XII

XIIIIX wrote:
If isn`t stable on both surfaces, and you've calibrated both times, it sounds like a mouse problem.
Better contact the store and opt for a swap or RMA

I don't mean that this mouse doesn't function well, and it doesn't look like there is any problem with this mouse, it's just it is not as accurate as other mouse with the same level. My roommate, who has a Logitech G502, tested my mouse and he agreed that this mouse isn't accurate as his. I am so confused about if it is just how Gladius is or it's just the problem of this specific one, I really hope it is the second one. I am going to contact ASUS right now.

I just called ASUS support and my warranty is expired (I do get this from other people). Therefore all I can do is trying to figure this out by my own. I got 6 mouse from my friends. They are logitech G502, G900, Steelseries Sensei, Rival 300, Etekcity X1, Razer Chroma, and my Gladius.

My test is by doing a movement of number "8" in desktop and see how smooth and easy it can be done, and I do the "8" smaller and smaller to see how accurate this mouse can do it. Out of all 7 mouse, Chrome , G900 and G502 are the best as I can't feel the different. With no surprise, because of the drifting problem, my Gladius is the worst one along with Etekcity X1. I switched my pad with my roommate's steelseries QCK+, and it doesn't help. I uninstalled the driver to see if there is any difference, include any other mouse driver in my computer, it doesn't help. The main difference is that I feel like Gladius gives me less feedback so that it is difficult for me to keep tracking of the mouse as others gives much more feedback so I know when and where to stop, which gives me much better accuracy. I tried to set the polling rate to 2000Hz and it doesn't change anything. I am so disappointed and confused, since it shouldn't be like this because Gladius is using the same sensor as Chroma, how can this be? I don't want to go back to Razer because of the double clicking problem, however this seems to be the only option that is left to me. If anyone has any idea how this problem can be solved, please!!!! Please help me. I truly like this mouse very much, but I definitely don't want to use like the way it is performed.

Thank you very much

Bahz
Level 12
Based on the information provided it looks like a sensor issue to me but course maybe you can also try it on more surfaces and try calibrating the mouse to confirm if the sensor is defective. If it's really the sensor and since the mouse is now out of warranty then there's really nothing you can do. I believe you can also try resetting the firmware, to do so follow the following procedure:

1) Unplug the mouse
2) Hold down the left click, scroll wheel, and right click
3) While holding down all 3 buttons plug back the mouse and wait for 20-30 secs until you see a pop up asking if you want to reset the mouse

Let me know if you figure out anything, I hope you can find a way to get it to work properly as the Gladius is a great mouse and I love using it.