cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Formula Wifi issues

Birdflew
Level 7
Hello, I recently bought the Maximus IX Formula motherboard and I am experiencing constant wifi outages. I've tried every wifi updates since launch but to no avail. The problem seems to arise most when I play Virtual reality games or if a body is blocking the wifi antenna which i placed up high or on top a table ect.

The wifi drops out for a few minutes. The often happen on its own if I'm sat down. The antenna has poor receiving strength and drops the connection making online gaming impossible. I've confirmed it isnt my router as all my other appliances remain connected. Is this a bug or any1 have any suggestions? it seems very odd that wifi cannot pass through a human body
12 REPLIES 12

Chino
Level 15
If you're getting a poor signal with the antenna, there's not much you can do. You can either relocate the PC closer to your router or get a range extender.

the entire wifi section on Windows disconnects and restarts every so often, so its my assumption its not the antenna but a driver issue. I reinstalled Windows and I will update if the problem continues.

This usually happens when the network driver is so outdated. Try updating that before reinstalling Windows.

Already reinstalled windows, problem still persists. Will try updating drivers and will update this post

Upon inspection of the Event Viewer i noticed the DNS server times out just before the disconnect/reset

http://imgur.com/a/hhOzI

Which subsequently led me to this page upon googling the error

There are lots of helpful posts that may resolve the issue if any1 else experiences the same issues as me with WIndows 10.
I was adament that my router was not at fault.

chevell65
Level 12
Are you using an AC66U router or a regular router? Were you using the 5GHz frequency or 2.4GHz?

chevell65 wrote:
Are you using an AC66U router or a regular router? Were you using the 5GHz frequency or 2.4GHz?

I use the Virgin Media Superhub 3.0. Was using each band through trial and error to try diagnose the problem. It still disconnected with 5GHz. After following advice from the link i posted the DNS warnings have stopped and no more disconnects (only been 48 hrs since)

Note that i tried multiple solutions listed all at once so at least one of the purposed solutions work.

-Disabled Ethernet while using Wifi
-Turn off power saving from wireless adapter
-Stopping and disabling the "Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service"
-Delete/uninstall each of the numerous WAN Miniport devices and your wifi network card > Reboot so drivers reinstall

ONE of these worked.

Birdflew wrote:
I use the Virgin Media Superhub 3.0. Was using each band through trial and error to try diagnose the problem. It still disconnected with 5GHz. After following advice from the link i posted the DNS warnings have stopped and no more disconnects (only been 48 hrs since)

Note that i tried multiple solutions listed all at once so at least one of the purposed solutions work.

-Disabled Ethernet while using Wifi
-Turn off power saving from wireless adapter
-Stopping and disabling the "Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service"
-Delete/uninstall each of the numerous WAN Miniport devices and your wifi network card > Reboot so drivers reinstall

ONE of these worked.

Is your internet stable now with those changes?
I have had the same issues and tried all the things as you, in various combinations too... but nothing works. No stable internet. It keeps disconnecting to a limited status.

JumpthruBossDoors wrote:
Is your internet stable now with those changes?
I have had the same issues and tried all the things as you, in various combinations too... but nothing works. No stable internet. It keeps disconnecting to a limited status.

It was 100% Windows Cumulative update from around December-january that was causing the wifi dropout issues. I cannot recall the exact name of the update but when i uninstalled it my PC was working. I since have done a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update RS2 and haven't had a drop out in about a month.