cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore Bug

Miflett
Level 7
I just received my full claymore keyboard and after using the Fn key to change the lights, my keyboard is now bugging out and going into a turbo mode of sorts where holding down a key now acts as a multiple separate keystrokes. I am unable to play elder scrolls online because of the dodge mechanic making me constantly dodge. All armory software and keyboard firmware are current. It seems like a software or firmware problem. If I could reflash my keyboard back to stock I believe it would be fixed.

Thank you for looking.
13 REPLIES 13

Uzerk
Level 7
Miflett wrote:
I just received my full claymore keyboard and after using the Fn key to change the lights, my keyboard is now bugging out and going into a turbo mode of sorts where holding down a key now acts as a multiple separate keystrokes. I am unable to play elder scrolls online because of the dodge mechanic making me constantly dodge. All armory software and keyboard firmware are current. It seems like a software or firmware problem. If I could reflash my keyboard back to stock I believe it would be fixed.

Thank you for looking.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87663-ASUS-ROG-Claymore&p=632329&viewfull=1#post632329

Use the function key with f1, you can see where it says x1, x4, x8 and so on. i had the same problem and this fixed it.

Having the same problem, here is the response for Asus.

[Problem Description]

I am having a problem sometimes when i press a key i get multiple entries ie i press E once and get EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

A real pain in the ass playing games and movement is all over the place and i can't use caps lock push to talk in Team Speak.

I uninstalled the Armoury sortware and seem to be working for the moment but now don't have any profiles. Is there a fix or do i need a replacement. Not exactly a cheap board so not happy. Back to using my Razer Deathadder until its sorted.

ASUS :-

Thank you for contacting Asus, my name is Matthew and I will try my best to assist you with your situation.

Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your ROG CLAYMORE CORE.

Based on the provided information I understand that the keyboard is typing the keys multiple times. In this case I recommend you install the latest Armory version from the support page of the device:

https://www.asus.com/Keyboards-Mice/ROG-Claymore-Core/HelpDesk_Download/

If the issue persists, to test the keyboard on another PC or Laptop, if possible. Should the issue persist, I recommend you get in touch with the retailer who sold it for an assessment and replacement of the keyboard. As in the case of peripherals and accessories, the warranty claims are handled directly by the retailers.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Best Regards,
Matthew

ASUS Technical Support

http://support.asus.com/

We kindly invite you to provide us your feedback.
For this investigation to be as relevant as possible please reply to this email within 5 days.

Please keep the history of your e-mails sent to you by our Support Staff. Otherwise, we won't be able to analyse your case properly.
ME:-
Hi there, i have already uninstalled the Armoury software and reinstalled it.
I have noticed the problem only exists on profile 1.
All the other profiles work fine. So i set profile 1 to default and tried again, even at default settings the keyboard registers multiple key strokes.
I switched the keyboard to another computer both OS X and PC systems.
The other systems did not have the Armoury software but if the keyboard was set to Profile 1 before i change PC the keyboard still remembers the profile and does the same thing.
At the moment i have it set to profile 2 and seems ok BUT, is this a software issue or a hardware one.
This keyboard order took 2 weeks so sending it back and waiting for a replacement is frustrating to say the least and if i’m out of pocket because of this i’m not going to be happy at all.

madkazper wrote:
Use the function key with f1, you can see where it says x1, x4, x8 and so on. i had the same problem and this fixed it.

Hi madkazper, what do you mean use the function key with f1. surely thats just a quick profile switch

i thought the same as well but if you look it says x1, x 2,x4 and x8. this will make the keys hit that many times when you hit the button. i found this out by another thread and it seemed to work for me.
Meccano wrote:
Hi madkazper, what do you mean use the function key with f1. surely thats just a quick profile switch

Uzerk wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87663-ASUS-ROG-Claymore&p=632329&viewfull=1#post632329

Thanks Uzerk,for that thread. Will try when i get home.

Thanks for the help guys, the Fn key and the F1 x1 sorted it. Simple now that i look at it but you would think Asus customer service could have told me that pffff 😉

Meccano wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, the Fn key and the F1 x1 sorted it. Simple now that i look at it but you would think Asus customer service could have told me that pffff 😉

Thanks for confirming this, for this issue we'll recommend to our peripheral team to make sure that in the future that all Claymore keyboards will be on x1 mode by default.

Meccano wrote:

No problem mate, glad to help out.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for confirming this, for this issue we'll recommend to our peripheral team to make sure that in the future that all Claymore keyboards will be on x1 mode by default.

Yeah, that might not work all the times. The first thing I did when I saw those x1 - x8 keys was pressing them 😛
Then it took me a few hours (and a lot of swearing) after I booted the first game to figure it out.
And I think they are at x1 by default, just make sure that the support team double checks that they user have it set to x1.