Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

ROG Member Array

ROG Claymore Bug

I just received my full claymore keyboard and after using the Fn key to change the lights, my keyboard is now bugging out and going into a turbo mode of sorts where holding down a key now acts as a multiple separate keystrokes. I am unable to play elder scrolls online because of the dodge mechanic making me constantly dodge. All armory software and keyboard firmware are current. It seems like a software or firmware problem. If I could reflash my keyboard back to stock I believe it would be fixed.

Thank you for looking.

ROG Member Array Uzerk PC Specs
    Uzerk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4930K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX3M4A2133C9
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Monitor2x Dell U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung 830 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster V1000
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterUbiquiti USG / UniFi AP AC Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Miflett View Post
    I just received my full claymore keyboard and after using the Fn key to change the lights, my keyboard is now bugging out and going into a turbo mode of sorts where holding down a key now acts as a multiple separate keystrokes. I am unable to play elder scrolls online because of the dodge mechanic making me constantly dodge. All armory software and keyboard firmware are current. It seems like a software or firmware problem. If I could reflash my keyboard back to stock I believe it would be fixed.

Thank you for looking.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post632329

ROG Member Array madkazper PC Specs
    madkazper PC Specs
    Motherboardasus rog code z2270
    Processor7700k
    Memory (part number)gskill rgb 3000 32gig
    Graphics Card #1stix 1070
    Graphics Card #2strix1070
    Monitorsamsung cf791
    Storage #1ssd
    Storage #2hhd
    CPU Coolercorsair aio
    Casecorsair 570x
    Power Supplycorsair rx850x
    Keyboard asus claymore
    Mouse asus spatha
    Headset astro a40
    OS windows

Use the function key with f1, you can see where it says x1, x4, x8 and so on. i had the same problem and this fixed it.

New ROGer Array

have the same problem

Having the same problem, here is the response for Asus.

[Problem Description]

I am having a problem sometimes when i press a key i get multiple entries ie i press E once and get EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

A real pain in the ass playing games and movement is all over the place and i can't use caps lock push to talk in Team Speak.

I uninstalled the Armoury sortware and seem to be working for the moment but now don't have any profiles. Is there a fix or do i need a replacement. Not exactly a cheap board so not happy. Back to using my Razer Deathadder until its sorted.

ASUS :-

Thank you for contacting Asus, my name is Matthew and I will try my best to assist you with your situation.

Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your ROG CLAYMORE CORE.

Based on the provided information I understand that the keyboard is typing the keys multiple times. In this case I recommend you install the latest Armory version from the support page of the device:

https://www.asus.com/Keyboards-Mice/...Desk_Download/

If the issue persists, to test the keyboard on another PC or Laptop, if possible. Should the issue persist, I recommend you get in touch with the retailer who sold it for an assessment and replacement of the keyboard. As in the case of peripherals and accessories, the warranty claims are handled directly by the retailers.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Best Regards,
    Matthew

ASUS Technical Support

http://support.asus.com/

We kindly invite you to provide us your feedback.
    For this investigation to be as relevant as possible please reply to this email within 5 days.

Please keep the history of your e-mails sent to you by our Support Staff. Otherwise, we won't be able to analyse your case properly.
    ME:-
    Hi there, i have already uninstalled the Armoury software and reinstalled it.
    I have noticed the problem only exists on profile 1.
    All the other profiles work fine. So i set profile 1 to default and tried again, even at default settings the keyboard registers multiple key strokes.
    I switched the keyboard to another computer both OS X and PC systems.
    The other systems did not have the Armoury software but if the keyboard was set to Profile 1 before i change PC the keyboard still remembers the profile and does the same thing.
    At the moment i have it set to profile 2 and seems ok BUT, is this a software issue or a hardware one.
    This keyboard order took 2 weeks so sending it back and waiting for a replacement is frustrating to say the least and if i’m out of pocket because of this i’m not going to be happy at all.

New ROGer Array

Profiles

Quote Originally Posted by madkazper View Post
    Use the function key with f1, you can see where it says x1, x4, x8 and so on. i had the same problem and this fixed it.
    Hi madkazper, what do you mean use the function key with f1. surely thats just a quick profile switch

ROG Member Array madkazper PC Specs
    madkazper PC Specs
    Motherboardasus rog code z2270
    Processor7700k
    Memory (part number)gskill rgb 3000 32gig
    Graphics Card #1stix 1070
    Graphics Card #2strix1070
    Monitorsamsung cf791
    Storage #1ssd
    Storage #2hhd
    CPU Coolercorsair aio
    Casecorsair 570x
    Power Supplycorsair rx850x
    Keyboard asus claymore
    Mouse asus spatha
    Headset astro a40
    OS windows

i thought the same as well but if you look it says x1, x 2,x4 and x8. this will make the keys hit that many times when you hit the button. i found this out by another thread and it seemed to work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccano View Post
    Hi madkazper, what do you mean use the function key with f1. surely thats just a quick profile switch

New ROGer Array

Thanks Uzerk,for that thread. Will try when i get home.

New ROGer Array

fn key

Thanks for the help guys, the Fn key and the F1 x1 sorted it. Simple now that i look at it but you would think Asus customer service could have told me that pffff

Ex-employee Array

Thanks for the help guys, the Fn key and the F1 x1 sorted it. Simple now that i look at it but you would think Asus customer service could have told me that pffff
    Thanks for confirming this, for this issue we'll recommend to our peripheral team to make sure that in the future that all Claymore keyboards will be on x1 mode by default.

ROG Member Array Uzerk PC Specs
    Uzerk PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4930K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX3M4A2133C9
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Monitor2x Dell U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung 830 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster V1000
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterUbiquiti USG / UniFi AP AC Pro

No problem mate, glad to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for confirming this, for this issue we'll recommend to our peripheral team to make sure that in the future that all Claymore keyboards will be on x1 mode by default.
    Yeah, that might not work all the times. The first thing I did when I saw those x1 - x8 keys was pressing them :P
    Then it took me a few hours (and a lot of swearing) after I booted the first game to figure it out.
    And I think they are at x1 by default, just make sure that the support team double checks that they user have it set to x1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast