Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info on MX Blue Claymores?

jmike
Level 7
Title says it all. I'd love to buy one.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |
14 REPLIES 14

Bahz
Level 12
It's definitely based on region, if you look at many Asia countries like Taiwan and HK, blue seems to be the only ones in stock. It's best that you inquire through your local retailer or check with major e-tailers like Newegg or Amazon to see if they can let you know when the blue switch will be in stock.

jmike
Level 7
Already went that route before making this post and unfortunately there's no retailer here that sells Asus peripherals. According to the Amazon Concierge rep I spoke with and emails with Newegg, the MX Blue/Black Claymores don't exist yet so there's no ability to "Notify when in stock". The only upcoming Asus product she could see on her screen was what I could only assume is the Centurion(7.1 Gaming Headset) Is it possible we just haven't seen an official US release yet? All the evidence would suggest that's the case.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |

JustinThyme
Level 13
What region/country are you in?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
What region/country are you in?

jmike wrote:
Is it possible we just haven't seen an official US release yet? .

:p:p:p

USA. Unfortunately I don't have a Microcenter anywhere near so my options for retail Asus products/info is limited. I did inquire with Amazon.ca but they had the same info as Amazon US, that it doesn't exist yet.
MAIN RIG:

Yep, I made an account specifically to ask for this as well. I managed to try out a ROG Claymore with MX Browns and I loved the keyboard itself, but I still greatly prefer MX Blues. I even asked ASUS support and they just gave me a generic copy and paste answer linking to their website.

mdzcpa
Level 12
FYI for guys in the USA looking for a Claymore with MX Cherry Blue switches. I'm in Michigan and I ordered from an site in Australia that has them in stock. They shipped it out next day and it arrived in 4 days total. Not bad! Just an option to think about as RGB Blue switches are hard to come by (because they are challenging to produce) so you might need to order from another region. I used bd4ucomputersit just FYI.

jmike
Level 7
This seems like a good idea but my only concern is warranty support. I can't remember the forum be it reddit, notebookreview, etc but there was a post where a guy had purchased a brand new Asus product from Asia and when it developed problems it was rejected by Asus due to regional differences in warranty support. I'm not really keen on dropping $300 on a Keyboard with no warranty.
MAIN RIG:

I agree, I did consider importing one from Singapore but that would come at the cost of no warranty and no return/replacement should something be wrong with the keyboard. It's been months since the Claymore was launched in the USA and there's still no Blues, let alone MX Blacks which were also advertised. I really do hope ASUS considers launching them here in the USA as the RGB Blues in my Ducky Shine 6 are amazing and definitely an improvement over the last Blues I tried.

One last thing, weren't we supposed to be able to purchase the number pad attachment by itself? I had to return my Claymore with Browns as there's also no signs of that launching here.

Skrunch wrote:
One last thing, weren't we supposed to be able to purchase the number pad attachment by itself? I had to return my Claymore with Browns as there's also no signs of that launching here.

If I remember correctly, it was advertised this way at either CES or Computex but I've yet to see the pad selling as a stand alone product.
MAIN RIG: