Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by robtherobot View Post
    Yes, and we narrowed it down to the drivers as the issues go away when the drivers are uninstalled and Windows uses a stock built-in driver. This isn't optimal and doesn't sound the same if you are using the analog outputs. It seems the headphone amp is not active for example. If you are using a digital input/output (ie. toslink) then it's probably fine as it's a different path. If you use analog (ie. headphones) in either the front or rear ports, there are definitely issues with the drivers.

The front panel audio is the supreme FX and 100% ASUS, nothing to do with Realtek although the drivers may be compiled into the same package. Its not going to sound the same because the drivers are not standard drivers. They have been altered to support sonic studio.

If you don't like the interface go with another board or buy PCIE sound card, just because its not what you want doesnt mean its broke. The interface is the least of the worries as no company regardless of who it is has decent on-board sound. They have gotten better over the years but far from audiophile quality.

If you install what ASUS has provided and sound comes out of all channels then its working.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    The front panel audio is the supreme FX and 100% ASUS, nothing to do with Realtek although the drivers may be compiled into the same package. Its not going to sound the same because the drivers are not standard drivers. They have been altered to support sonic studio.

If you don't like the interface go with another board or buy PCIE sound card, just because its not what you want doesnt mean its broke. The interface is the least of the worries as no company regardless of who it is has decent on-board sound. They have gotten better over the years but far from audiophile quality.

If you install what ASUS has provided and sound comes out of all channels then its working.
    Thanks, but this reply is completely unhelpful. The interface is malfunctioning, either through hardware or drivers. Either way, that is on ASUS. There is no "personal preference" involved here. The board should work as advertised, period. It does not. The sound coming out is completely distorted and has huge volume changes randomly.

New ROGer Array

pfft

That's a nonsense response. I have the Strix I, mini itx and I'm having similar issues. Sound glitches, volume level issues, etc, but only when I use the Asus drivers. Remove them and the default hd drivers work fine but you lose functionality. I'm not an audiophile per se but I do expect the equipment I paid for to function properly. Asus support sucks, period.

New ROGer Array

Older version

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...937.1489564699

Use this older version. It fixed all the issues for me.
    Last edited by Zifnab; 03-15-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Sorry guys but my response was to what you posted so if its nonsense then its only following what you had posted. Not working correctly leaves a lot to be desired. The original post was complaining about the UI so try staying on topic.

My entire post is 100% factual, If it doesn't help try explaining your problems a little more thoroughly. Nonsense is to bust up in a forum with 3 posts in one thread having joined 3 years ago and telling someone trying to show you the way that their post is nonsense.

Sound level issues, glitches?
    I'm not trying to be condescending but 2 people out of hundreds of thousands with generic responses does not a trend make.

I will agree that pretty much all support has gone to the wayside with the way they do call centers now. The first point of contact hardly knows how to turn a PC on. This is industry wide though.

ROG Member Array

Sorry guys but my response was to what you posted so if its nonsense then its only following what you had posted. Not working correctly leaves a lot to be desired. The original post was complaining about the UI so try staying on topic.

My entire post is 100% factual, If it doesn't help try explaining your problems a little more thoroughly. Nonsense is to bust up in a forum with 3 posts in one thread having joined 3 years ago and telling someone trying to show you the way that their post is nonsense.

Sound level issues, glitches?
    I'm not trying to be condescending but 2 people out of hundreds of thousands with generic responses does not a trend make.

I will agree that pretty much all support has gone to the wayside with the way they do call centers now. The first point of contact hardly knows how to turn a PC on. This is industry wide though.
    Hi Justin,

Looks like you are making some sex to your eyes (I will try to keep myself within because looks like that you feel yourself like a tough dude regarding the style of your answers). The original post which was made by me was also about sound level issue. And also about Asus sound driver UI and smaller functionality compared to legacy realtek UI. You are saying that 3-4 people is not the market trend. You may heard about the phrase: one death = the tragegy, one million deaths is just the statistics. I think much more people has the same issue but doesn't know for example about ROG forum. In this post already 4 or 5 people complained about issues with Rog interfaced audio driver so this can already indicate that something is wrong with driver. I'm happy that you don't have such an issue but this does not mean that you have to blame someone who has this problem. Ok, mate? Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array lufiron PC Specs
    lufiron PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Apex
    Processordelidded 7700k @ 5ghz 1.35v
    Memory (part number)gskill 2x16 3200 cas 14
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080ti @ 2 ghz
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279
    Storage #1960 pro
    Storage #2960 pro
    CPU Coolernoctua D15S
    CaseCooler Master 5 freeform
    Power SupplySeasonic 850w prime titanium
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G502

Just chiming in to say I am experiencing the same thing on the Apex with the front panel only. *Heavy distortion through the headphones, and extreme changes in volume level. *Everything is fine coming out of the back panel, though, so it's something with the SupremeFX side of things.

Works fine with the Asus driver uninstalled on the base Windows driver. *I've been using the rear analog outputs for now.*

New ROGer Array

same

I too am having the same problems from the front output only. I have tried dif heaphones and front output jacks it is something in the drivers or the motherboard. I have been thinking about just sending this junk back and going back to MSI......

Via the front panel I get popups sometimes repeatedly within a few second to choose what i just plugged in although I never.

I also get volumes spikes and cutting in and out at certain volume levels and crackling and popping with certain sound frequencies, very frustrating to say the least. I am livid at this point.

270e strix mobo.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pwrex View Post
    I too am having the same problems from the front output only. I have tried dif heaphones and front output jacks it is something in the drivers or the motherboard. I have been thinking about just sending this junk back and going back to MSI......

Via the front panel I get popups sometimes repeatedly within a few second to choose what i just plugged in although I never.

I also get volumes spikes and cutting in and out at certain volume levels and crackling and popping with certain sound frequencies, very frustrating to say the least. I am livid at this point.

270e strix mobo.
    Inherent hardware problem with Realtek. I have tried nearly everything and these common problems still persist.
    Drivers and/or bios updates does not fix a damn...

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    OS Win10 Pro 1809

Quote Originally Posted by BrainstorM View Post
    Hi Justin,

Looks like you are making some sex to your eyes (I will try to keep myself within because looks like that you feel yourself like a tough dude regarding the style of your answers). The original post which was made by me was also about sound level issue. And also about Asus sound driver UI and smaller functionality compared to legacy realtek UI. You are saying that 3-4 people is not the market trend. You may heard about the phrase: one death = the tragegy, one million deaths is just the statistics. I think much more people has the same issue but doesn't know for example about ROG forum. In this post already 4 or 5 people complained about issues with Rog interfaced audio driver so this can already indicate that something is wrong with driver. I'm happy that you don't have such an issue but this does not mean that you have to blame someone who has this problem. Ok, mate? Thank you.
    I only post what I know to be fact, I don't go on conjecture. Before you go there please go back and read what Ive posted and compare it to what was posted before. If you have some substance to add, then please do, otherwise.........

Please stop trolling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast