cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek clean driver instead of rog audio driver?

BrainstorM
Level 7
Hi there,

I'm experiencing some issues with realtek audio panel from rog. I downloaded clean installer from Realtek website but it still installing version with Rog interface:

I would like to have legacy realtek panel which offer me more comfy audio settings for me. Is there any chance to do it?

Thank you.
30 REPLIES 30

JoergH
Level 7
I tried to make a clean realtek installation too, but with no success...:-(

ASUS really needs to fix this crap....

Hey Asus,

Any feedback on this?

Thank you.

Terepin
Level 8
It will always use branded interface no matter what. Installer detects which motherboard you have and set GUI accordingly. You'd have MSI interface on MSI motherboard for example.

Terepin wrote:
It will always use branded interface no matter what. Installer detects which motherboard you have and set GUI accordingly. You'd have MSI interface on MSI motherboard for example.

Previously I had gigabyte motherboard and haven't faced with such issue. The reason why I'm asking about this because sometimes after sleep mode Windows is changing the level of sound for several programs like Chrome or VLC. I disabled all automatically sound reduction features in "Sound" menu in Win10 control panel but it still decreasing level of sound. I assume that's because of Rog branded audio drivers installation and I also didn't find any settings in Rog sound panel for system behavior when I'm choosing PC headset as a default soung device. In clean realtek sound panel it was and also I didn't experinced any such issue with it.

The drivers were last updated 2 months ago and have been broken the entire time. It's sad ASUS is ignoring this.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Has anyone considered the problem is not the drivers? I dont have any issues with it. Did you allow Nviida to install the sound drivers with the graphics drivers? This will cause a conflict every time. Personally I use the digital Toslink out to an external DAC and have zero issues.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Has anyone considered the problem is not the drivers? I dont have any issues with it. Did you allow Nviida to install the sound drivers with the graphics drivers? This will cause a conflict every time. Personally I use the digital Toslink out to an external DAC and have zero issues.

Yes, and we narrowed it down to the drivers as the issues go away when the drivers are uninstalled and Windows uses a stock built-in driver. This isn't optimal and doesn't sound the same if you are using the analog outputs. It seems the headphone amp is not active for example. If you are using a digital input/output (ie. toslink) then it's probably fine as it's a different path. If you use analog (ie. headphones) in either the front or rear ports, there are definitely issues with the drivers.

robtherobot wrote:
Yes, and we narrowed it down to the drivers as the issues go away when the drivers are uninstalled and Windows uses a stock built-in driver. This isn't optimal and doesn't sound the same if you are using the analog outputs. It seems the headphone amp is not active for example. If you are using a digital input/output (ie. toslink) then it's probably fine as it's a different path. If you use analog (ie. headphones) in either the front or rear ports, there are definitely issues with the drivers.

The front panel audio is the supreme FX and 100% ASUS, nothing to do with Realtek although the drivers may be compiled into the same package. Its not going to sound the same because the drivers are not standard drivers. They have been altered to support sonic studio.

If you don't like the interface go with another board or buy PCIE sound card, just because its not what you want doesnt mean its broke. The interface is the least of the worries as no company regardless of who it is has decent on-board sound. They have gotten better over the years but far from audiophile quality.

If you install what ASUS has provided and sound comes out of all channels then its working.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein