cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII extreme several BSOD

Ryanmt99
Level 7
Hello

I've been having issues with my desktop for a week or so with it blue screening randomly I've tried most of the recommendations found when googling the blue screens error codes and have ran memtest86 on the ram for a full 8 cycles with no issues the motherboard is a brand new replacement of the last one which completely broke down so I'm not sure if there is a problem with one of the other components all drivers are up to date as far as I'm aware. the motherboard does have Q51 as its Qcode while the system is running which according to the manual says "memory initialisation error. invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed" the ram is on the qualified vendors list and the qcode is sometimes a different number that is not listed in the manual. the PC behaves normally in otherwise and has not been overclocked.

thanks in advance for any help

system spec
CPU: Intel 6700k
Ram: corsair vengeance 4 x 8GB (cmk32gx4m4b3000c15)
GPU: ROG matrix platinum 980 ti
Motherboard: Maximus VIII extreme

minidumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AofXtNvXzIrGh0Omg50yjWWq_saB
17 REPLIES 17

damianme
Level 7
Have you tried updating the BIOS?

Ryanmt99
Level 7
i haven't tried updating the bios because last time i did it made the system more unstable and then the motherboard completely stopped working and yes the system is at stock defaults haven't touched any of them sort of settings

Ryanmt99 wrote:
i haven't tried updating the bios because last time i did it made the system more unstable and then the motherboard completely stopped working and yes the system is at stock defaults haven't touched any of them sort of settings

Please confirm that RAM is at 2133MHz.

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Bios version?

Ryanmt99
Level 7
bios is currently at 1902

Ryanmt99
Level 7
ram is at 2133 in bios and the ai suite says its at roughly 2133 while the pc is running

Ryanmt99
Level 7
just bsod three more times today

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AofXtNvXzIrGh0VABJxmZ0ot7FZM