cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair Vengance LED lights not working with Maximus IX Hero

ShawnH
Level 7
As the title states, I have the Maximus IX Hero with 2x8gb sticks of 3200 Corsair Vengance LED DDR4 memory. The LED lights will come on during boot but they stop working when the Windows splash screen starts. I can't figure out a reason this would happen. Any suggestions?
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

thegreenthing
Level 7
Thats pretty wild to have that happen. Considering I have the same exact memory config as you. I'm still running windows 7 though. Not sure what windows you got running?

hero IX z270
i7-7700k
corsair vengance 3200 blue
windows 7 64bit sp2

Btw, did your memory ever run through two different patterns of lighting? Like flash back and forth then both solid then off?

I got asus z270 max code
Same here.*
Apparently the asus aura and corsair don't get along*

I'm running Win 10.

Legolas
Level 9
Just not use the aura software if you like to run the memory LEDs.
Sincerely,
Legolas

This is an issue with Asus own aura software, you can use Corsair link to force them on. If you let it auto-run when windows starts, they will light up automatically after a few seconds. It's not a solution, i know... but it's the best you can get for now.

thomas_yiu
Level 9
Good new! HQ have fixed the issue. Please download Aura V1.04.29
Sincerely,
TY

I just ordered the g.skill tridentz rgb memory. And OMG the rgb effects are so much cooler!!!!!
Here is a sample of my build

Standby mode is soooo cool looking.

All my wake and sleep problems with my system disappeared with these rams.
Corsair vengeance led was the culprit for my woes.
Asus software recognizes the g.skill modules flawlessly and integrates them into the app too.
Omg my system is complete now.
Do yourself a favor guys get these modules. It's so much sublime in real person.

If anyone wants better pics I will be happy to provide.*